or Connect

Posts by Stargaze

Same situation for me.  I usually play with my best friend who's only ever had one lesson.  So if there's nobody behind us I'll help him out with his swing or advise him on what club to use.  I don't do it all the time though, just when I think he needs help.  If I'm playing with someone I don't know well then I wouldn't offer advise unless I'm asked.
Have any of you guys been tempted to buy the Taylor Made r11s driver or is that too "gimmicky"?
Well....just in the last couple days I bought a Callaway Diablo Octane driver, Diablo edge irons, a new Callaway bag and some balls.  My son is starting to learn how to play so I figured I should give him my Nike clubs and get new clubs for myself.   Yeah that's it.
I like Phil Mickelson and Rory McIlroy.
1.  Get par twice in one day. 2.  Get consistent with my 3 wood off the deck. 3.  Focus on getting to the green in regulation 4.  Work on short game!
    I agree 100%.  I was crushing the ball with my driver, 3 wood and hybrid all day yesterday but when I got close enough for the sandwedge and putter....I tanked bad.   I need to spend more time chipping and putting.  If I spend more time on the close game, I'm going to shave off quite a few strokes.
I am a beginner myself.  I took 4 lessons so far and I plan on going to a golf clinic later this month.  The lessons have REALLY paid off, along with going to the driving range about 3 or 4 times a week at least.  I played a round yesterday and played the best game of my life.  Learn the fundamentals and practice practice practice. 
I don't really keep score yet because up until now there's just been too many triple bogeys and lost balls etc.  After 4 lessons with a PGA and a couple dozen visits to the driving range this year I'm getting to where I don't lose the ball much at all and a legitimate bogey is very common for me.     When I get to where I'm making par "here and there" then I'll start keeping track.
    I was miserable at golf when I first started playing [not that long ago].  I absolutely loved it.  Being out with my best friend drinking a few brewskies.  Hitting this little white ball and then chasing after it.  Cracking jokes and talking about life.  Nice breeze cools off your body when you drive from shot to shot [no I don't walk].   Then after the 9th hole you go into the club and get yourself one of those crazy hot sausages on a bun.  Reload on beer if you need...
  Did you get lessons at all?