or Connect

Posts by Derek Ong

Hi Beachcomber, mvmac,   Thanks for the great inputs. I've been trying to keep my trail arm more connected in my backswing (tried the thing under armpit drill as well) but it's wreaking havoc on my contact. Coming in way too flat and underplane (because i test underplane by hitting the 3wood off the deck). Also, unfortunately, i don't have that ball but i did saw on ebay you can buy it.   Nevertheless, after a lot of self analysis and experimentation, I think my...
God knows i've tried. Really tried. To the point where now like i said in a few posts above, that it may be the angle of my camera phone that causes me to look so bad overswinging. In fact today at the range, i dropped my iphone and cracked the back because i was trying to position it level to at least my waist on the lazy white chair and the ball bucket on it! and it fell... grrr..    All my swings, i'm very conscious on shortening the backswing and i'll keep...
Hit the range today for a short while. Apparently i did not early extend as bad as i usually do. Haven't figured out why.  
I would second what GaryH said. Additionally, my take on it is that I think you suck the club way too inside on takeaway (with a lot of pop-out) and so your clubface is very open. Try not to fan the clubface open on takeaway and keep the face looking at the ball as long as you can.   Just my 2cents.
Didn't have a chance to try anything new (suggestions from the few here) with the swing but am feeling good about it. Shot 92 yesterday, which really shouldn't have been breaking 90s. That is my first time out on the course after my swing changes. Before i was hovering closer to 99s.   Have to re-calibrate my distances as i was overshooting by 10m on my iron shots (6 iron 150m instead of 140m before) so i missed a few crucial greens, esp on the par 3s. Also found...
Ayouden: I'll try that, thx.    Nevrino: I agree with the downswing early extension. Am trying to figure out if it;s my posture or i've been at the range too much.
Thx ayouden for the feedback. Really appreciate it. :)   Now i think about it, perhaps it's the angle which i'm taking the video. I don't have a tripod and i'm pretty much setting my iphone up on a "summer" chair (the white low chairs that are lower than my waist) that are provided in the range. I've been very concious of my overswinging and in the video i'm pretty much swinging 3/4 swings.   I really didn't think much about how i took the video before your post...
Hello everyone,    Here's my swing with a 6 iron. Still have issues with overswinging a little and not turning my hips enough on the downswing. Also slight early extension. Appreciate your feedback.   I've been Playing Golf for:​ 5 years My current handicap index or average score is: 18 My typical ball flight is: Straight/Push Draw The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Hooks     Videos: 
@eye21942 -   Thanks for reading my post.   I find (including myself) a lot of mid to high HCPs tend to get out of our spine angles during the downswing, esp when we're getting tired. It really is not intuitive to a lot of people to keep their angles through a golf swing, which would explain why it's harder to achieve the more tired we get.   In the downswing, before impact, if one is humping the goat (i.e. standing up, thrusting hips/belt forward towards the ball), you...
Nice OP video.    One thing to ponder: Why not set up with the right axis tilt at address, keep looking at the center-back of the ball and swing away? I find that much easier to achieve than manipulating anything in the downswing.