or Connect

Posts by MasonAsher2014

Well yesterday was a shitter. shot a 40-41 for an 81 to tie for 46th out 82. As a team we placed 4th out of 13 at Oak Brook Golf Club in Chicago. Started my day of my literally not making one putt on the practice green and not hitting one solid shot besides my wedges on the range. First hole was a par 5 and almost holed out for eagle but tapped in for par, bogeyed the next par 3 because my tee shot settled right into a hole in the fringe and when i putted it it hopped...
it is definitely a short nice starting hole. I think I've had 3 at least that I can remember eagles in competition.
We play in the Anderson University tournament every year, I really love the course. Hanover is usually pretty decent and all the guys on the team are good guys.
For my team we have two coaches, a head coach and a volunteer assistant. The head coach knows more short game and putting techniques as well as he is the one who preaches course management and the mental aspect. Our assistant helps us with our swing and helps us on our conditioning. The course we play at has two pros which help us with anything we need if we ask. I do have a really good swing coach who played on the Nationwide tour so I go to him from time to time still as...
This is division 3. For the best d3 schools low 70s, for us if you shoot no higher than low 80s you'll make the team. We only recruit about 2 guys a year so everyone that goes out for it can play but usually the same 7 or 8 make the trip. The worst schools anyone can play but the better the school the better your scores, it's all about consistency. @nick1998bunker
This weekend we played in a very competitive field and finished 9th. First day I shot a 45-38, 83 with two triples, a double, 4 bogies and 2 birdies. I hit some terrible shots that left me in bunkers and I had trouble getting out of them for some reason to put me in a tie for 45th. Team shot a 77 and 3 83s for a 326, it was tough.   Today was better.... a lot. My length did not do me any favors as I started on a par 5 and bogeyed it with a three putt, then after hitting...
I just want to have a place I can share all of my scores and converse with other college golfers. Basically a place to get advice and opinions but really just to talk golf and be able to see how I've progressed over the years.   Today we had a golf tournament at Crooked Stick in Indiana who hosted the 2012 BMW and will host the 2016 BMW as well. I thought it was a very nice course and despite it being wet the bunkers were probably the best I have ever played out of. Has...
Now I'll even give you the stats my professional coach has on me and everything to prove that this isn't some sort of thought up concoction.
I kid you not. Played a scramble last Saturday and won with 16 under. Me, my dad, my friend and his dad. Probably a 4, 16, 4, and 6 handicap in order. We had no mulligans and no string just a straight up scramble. We were -9 on the front with a par and -7 on back with 2 pars.   Next day played in a 3 man scramble with a guy and lady. Probably a 20 and 30+ handicap no joke and we shot a -12. I hit probably 10 approaches to 10 or less feet and hit all the par 5s in two. No...
That was my first thought! Haha! Bushnell is really good to my college in terms of equipment. I think it's gonna be $160 plus tax