or Connect

Posts by xSmithy

I would love to get involved, no doubt my youthful exuberance/confidence would be caught out and I would shoot somewhere around what I usually do from the back tees but unfortunately I move away for a job next week and therefore my time on the course is limited.
I honestly think I'd burn up the course from the red (ladies) tees at my course and have always thought this, would be an interesting experiment but my club is quite snotty and could imagine them being disgruntled if a young chap like myself was to be bombing off the ladies tees all day. Also as an aside in the UK we don't use this rating/slope for courses or at least I couldn't find it for my course online, can anyone shed any light on this?
In spain recently on a golfing trip and calculated a drive at 360 yards down wind, had like 55 yards in to a 415 yard par 4, flicked a sand wedge which I subsequently pushed to the right of the green and made a bogey 5! Was driving the ball so far that whole week, gained about 30 yards on average to what I get in England. This whole trip for me was an eye opener and time to realise it wasn't all about bombing the long ball but actually start working on aspects of my game...
Best competition round is 79 which I shot on Tuesday, +6 par 73. Recently I've been hitting the ball worse than I have all season but still managing to score well, a lot more gratifying than hitting it well and scoring badly. Was -1 through 7 and double bogey bogey 8 and 9 for a +2 front 9. Played the next 7 +1 and finished bogey double bogey for a +6, missed an 18 inch putt for bogey on 18 after my par putt burnt the lip, a few times recently I've blown up on the way in...
Was literally going to post that a far more gratifying thread title would be 'I stick my irons to 10 feet and less every time' - since I re-took up golf 18 months ago I could hit the long ball pretty good but would too often miss the green entirely from 100 yards and less, nothing more soul destroying than launching a drive down the fairway and missing the green when everyone you are playing with is expecting you to stick it close. In the off season I put a lot of time...
I'm in no position to offer you any advice with regards to your swing, I would suggest however that you would benefit greatly from learning the fundamentals of posture/setup and how to swing 'correctly' there is no doubt you have some natural ability but at the moment there are big flaws in your swing which will really restrict your ability to improve, get some lessons from a pro perhaps? Or if not some of the teachers on here might be able to give you some pointers,...
I think it is very beneficial, too many times I have had a decent score going, thought about it and began to think too far ahead and hit my tee shot in trouble and ended up blowing up, similarly if I've had a bad hole and I get hung up on it more often than not I'll follow it up with another, that is golf and why I love it so much, peril is everywhere and you have to be mentally strong throughout. Especially when you get to a mark like ours, it is the beginning of having...
I used to have a problem closing out rounds etc when I had a score going and found it was because I was counting my score in my head and psyching myself out if you will, now I try to just take it one shot at a time and not get ahead of myself - maybe you could apply the same principle - just focus on making a good swing (i know this is widely touted but if you can fully immerse yourself in it it really pays dividends). I've never had a problem starting well but my...
First post, something ive got a bit of experience in. I've had lessons with two different pros this year, 4 with a pro working only on the range that would give me little tips on how to improve my swing and become more consistent with my motion but not really changing anything just working with what I had - I saw little improvements on the course but still had those inconsistencies which restricted my ability to shoot low scores. I've had one lesson with another pro who...