or Connect

Posts by Andrew Gibson

I almost always wear sun glasses when playing golf. I pretty much don't to anything outdoors without my sun glasses. I don't think I would survive in Florida with my shades... Quality sun glasses are a must IMO, and polarized lenses are worth the extra cost. No gas station sun glasses for me... Oakley and ray-ban all the way. I have found that quality lenses eliminate basically all distortion that may affect putting. If I do take my glasses off, they go on top of...
I lose spine angle,  duck my head on the back swing, slide back only my right side, bring the club inside, get stuck, and hit a push (push slice sometimes with the driver) or a hook... I am working on maintaining my spine angle, it is helping my balance, posture, ball striking... I believe this flaw goes all the way back to when i started playing at 13 years old and trying to hit the ball farther by swinging harder.
Im 5'10" 180 last time I stepped on a scale and my best sets this year are squat 360x5 deadlift 375x5. I hit 6i 185, 7i 175, 8i 165. I am playing snake eyes 685x irons with Project x 6.0 shafts 1/2" short of standard... I switched this year from a set of macgregor forged PCB irons with true temper stiff shafts... they were a good 3/4" longer then my current shafts. the new irons have a bit weaker face angle. I think the new shafts being a bit stiffer made the...
Its hard to say, do you also hit pushes? basically the cause of a draw is a closed club face, and or an in to out swing. If your hitting pushes your swing in to out and not closing the face, if you duck hooking it, your in to out and flipping it shut... if you hitting a push fade your swinging in to out and holding it wide open... of course many of these things could be caused by setup, stance... and on and on. I have a tendency to hit pushes and hooks with the driver,...
I agree with the idea that you cannot get the same performance out of wood as you can with metal... wood is not nearly as consistent as metal. It has defects and a mind of its own... trust me, I'm a woodworker and Luthier...   As far as making pros play woods that are less forgiving, many already play blades, which have not changed much at all in the last 50+ years... the shafts have but the heads have not... the sweet spot is the same size, and they don't have a...
I carry a 3 and 5 wood, then a 3 and 4 hybrid... this gives me a gap of right around 10 yards between clubs. if you want to replace the 5 wood I would look into a 2 or 3 hybrid and find one that gaps well.   For refrence I hit my 4h 210, 3h 220, 5 wood 230, and 3 wood 240 off the deck with a good lie...    I dropped my 3 and 4 irons and have no regrets, any shots I lost for not haveing them I made up for with the hybrids forgivness, and I can still punch it out...
Im 27 years old and live in florida...   I had a pull cart when i was 14...
shot a 73 today. par 70 99/62.3... not exactly a hard course, but the greens stopped me from making a ton of Birdies... made a triple on 16 for no reason. played a course I haven't played in a few months yesterday and man that course has gone down hill. the greens were completely trashed, completely covered in big deep pitch marks... the trash cans at every tee box were overflowing with beer cans and stunk... I doubt the trash had been picked up all week... there was...
I dont mind a long par 3. I played one last week that was 190 to the pin and into a 20 mph headwind.. Ihit 4h and was on but a good 40 foot short... should have hit 3h but didnt want to be long as the hole was cut all the way back... this was from the black tees, and not the golds... it was playing 220 plus wind from the backs...it would have been at least a 5 wood from back there to get to the hole.   If you know your going to be playing a course with a long par 3,...
I hit mine about 240 off tee and about 230 off the deck... obviously that is dependant on lie and situation. mine is a 19* and stiff shaft... I played a par 3 last week that I may have needed to take it on ... 191 to a back pin with a big wind coming in off the ocean...  I took 4 hybrid and was a good club short... 3 hybrid should have gotten close, but I think it still would have been 5 yards short. 5 wood probably would have been just over the back.