or Connect

Posts by Andrew Gibson

Not that I am a great putter, I am not. I need to practice, I don't... But I put left hand low and have been for 10 years... it is second nature. lag control will come fairly quickly. I think left hand low helps eliminate wrist action in the stroke and as a result you have to learn to have a longer swing on those longer puts to get the ball to the hole... you know the whole pendulum thing.   basically right now my grip has my index fingers pointing loosely down the...
  95 at Harbor Town today... 6, 7, 7, 7 finish... Every bad hole today was caused by the tee shot... need to get more confident with the driver.
it needs 27 rear view mirrors.
92 today on Heron Point here on Hilton Head. missed a 4 footer for birdie on 18, and made quite a few 4 foot par testers on the back nine... way to many doubles and tripples.  7 pars including 5 on the back.   course rating/slope is 72.5/134 absolutely beautiful day.   Playing Harbor Town in the mouring... I am super excited, cant wait... hopefully I can carry my swing over from the back 9 today onto the course tomorrow... Ahhhh can't wait!
I should update that My shafts made it to be friday afternoon, about 12 hours before I left on vacation... I had just enough time to get my irons built up and gripped... I hit them today here in Hilton Head, and Im playing with them tomorrow for the first time... should be fun. the clubs feel really good and are very sweet when hit square... they do let you know when you get the toe...
I think courses should include a pitch fork with each greens fee and hand them out with a little card showing how to use it... If someone says no I don't need another pitch fork, they should make them pull it out of their pocket on the spot. If they do not have one ON THEM, then they must take the tool or go play somewhere else.
RBZ driver, 3 wood, & 5 wood... $703 Macgregor 3 and 4 hybrid... $128 Snake Eyes 685x 5-PW with PX flighted shafts and lamkin grips of my choice... $297 Snake Eyes 52* and 56* PX Flightsd Shafts, and same grips... $139 NC. Voodoo Putter... gosh i think i paid $99   total $1238    Aparently I have never paid more then $300 for an iron set. My old Macgregor forged pcb's I bought used for $300 and I got 10 good uears out of them... Hopefully the Snake Eyes...
I voted 5 wood. I do hit 5 wood but only on 1 specific hole off the tee. I rarely seem to have that 230-235 yard approach shot. I hit 3h fairly often off the tee or from 220/225 or the 4h from 210-215.   A couple of rounds ago I did pull the 5 wood on a par 5 and hit it just past pin high just off the left side of the green, left an easy chip but still 2 putted for par. so it does get pulled just not that often.   It seems a lot of people dont carry a 5 wood, but...
Thanks Mark, I sent you an email.   I have shipping confirmation and the shafts should be to me by Friday... I'm at the beginning of the fedex route usually so I should have the shafts Friday morning... fingers crossed, and I can build up my 6 and 7 irons before my trip... I guess I will have to hit the range up at sea pines Monday and give them a wack before I play with them...   I should mention a list of things I have bought from golf smith this year, either...
well good news. I just received a follow up email with tracking numbers. They say that the shafts were shipped this morning in 2 different shipments... I'm guessing that means that they didn't actually pick them up but had them shipped out from 2 different locations, both in Texas. I will see tonight when to expect them to be delivered... hopefully they get here by Friday morning. it would seem that making a little noise has helped me this time...