or Connect

Posts by Andrew Gibson

Hay all I thought I would share and see if others have had similar experiences. On the 7th of this month I ordered a set of snake Eyes 685x heads, 5-pw and a pair of their forged wedges in 52* and 56*. also ordered PX flighted shafts for them as well, and some Lamkin grips. (actually I ordered the 8 iron and built it up last month to see how I liked it, and, well I ordered the rest.) all of the order shipped as usual except for 2 of the shafts. the 6 and 7 shafts...
I understand trying to get more people involved in golf and growing the game and all that, but the history of the game and the ideas of respect and integrity that they talk about on the first tee commercials should be remembered by the people yelling out at an event... I don't have a problem with 16 at Phoenix, because it is a designated zone and is expected. I'ts not the 18th in the us open. I think it's somewhat related to the grunting in women's tennis... many...
I would not worry about it. I have had to make a switch this year from just playing and trying to hit good shots to actually keeping score, not hitting that mulligan, and so on. Play every shot, true stroke play. You have to be concious of your goal and make it a priority to stay focused. I think a great way to keep track is to focus on score relative to par... I have this for par, weather it be a 3 footer or from 200 yards out. It's easier to keep track of the bigger...
So this is what I have been missing... usually show up at the course when the price drops at 3pm. Chat with the pro for a few, find out who is on the course, then go to a tee I won't have to wait on and go. Usually its either 1, 6, or 10...   I did go out and play a nicer course last week and I hit a small bag of balls... which didn't do anything but tell me it was going to be a long day... pushes and hooks... glad to say I got that straightened out... I think. The...
I have not hit it, but I own a RBZ driver, 3, and 5. I like them a lot. The HL is simply a 4 wood I would argue. falls right in between the 3 and 5 in loft. all other things being equal the 3 hl will probably go closer in length to the 3 rather then 5. 
Call me old fashoined but I perfer a more traditional looking golf shoe. Half shoes that look Like any ther white sneaker just seems to go against the traditional/gentlemanly feel of the game... Maybe I just want an excuse to wear my golf shoes that look silly off the course.   At the end of the day Nike can do whatever they want with there shoes, because they don't make a shoe that fits my foot.
I carry a 3wood and 5wood, a 19* 3 hybrid and a 23* 4 hubrid. I carry a 52* and 56* wedge. I feel like I have really consistant gaps between the woods hybrids and irons, so droping one does not make sense for me right now, plus I don't feel like a 60* wedge would help me save strokes,
Im in, If i win most likely will pass them on to a friend of mine, My set is brand new, just need a couple new hybrids to finish it off.
Par 4, pushed my drive and had a cluster of trees blocking my second shot, had about 150 up hill left. Pulled 7 iron and hit a sweeping 30 yard slice around the trees, just cleared the lip of the bunker guarding the front edge of the green and rolled to the back edge... 2 puts and I made one of only a few pars of the day.   what made it most satisfying was the fact that I was either hitting pushes or hooks the whole day, and to pull of a big slice on demand felt very...
Yes it would be certain in this situation that the ball is in the area, the grass is cut all around and would be easily found, also I watched the ball land in the area. I am glad to hear that I was correct and that I proceeded appropriately.