or Connect

Posts by Andrew Gibson

We have had a fair amount of rain this summer here in the tampa area, We have really needed the rain for several years... seems like the mid west could use some of it now as well. I play a very inexpensive course... $10 all you can play after 3pm...   On one of the holes just right of the green is a low spot... maybe 50 yards square... (not low like a buncker, but water is collecting there recently with all the rain) I found myself in this spot yesterday and the...
Yesterday played world woods rolling oaks, first time. Par 72 72.3 / 129 shot 93... 43 front 50 back... lipped out at least 5 puts on the back and a couple on the front... still no excuse as I had no idea if i was going to block it right or hook it left... I need to work on my plane. still a beautiful course and a good day.
Played like junk. 79... 6 over on the front with 2 doubles on to easy par 4s and a 6 on a super easy par 5... back 9 was better. Started the back 9 with a 4 on a 560 yard par 5... drive to 230, 3h pin high, chip to 18" and made the put... definitely my best hole of the day... hole plays down hill.  I was not striking the ball nearly as well as I was the other day when I got run off the course by lightening. I was on course to shoot even... Sad thing was it never rained.
I don't remember my first birdie. To be honest I don't remember it being a big deal, I knew I needed to make berdies to offset the bogeys I was making in order to shoot even par. I started playing golf at 13 and no one in my family played. My grandpa started playing because I did and we would go play a couple times a month.   I don't even remember how many eagles I have made... though for some reason I remember several eagle putts I missed... most recently I hit...
I have had accurate results at golfsmith, and not so accurate results at TGW... maybe because it was a simulator at TGW... but it was telling me I was hitting it 360... I don't think so...   The monitor at Golfsmith was telling me I had a club head speed right around 110 and was averaging 265/270 carry and the shot shape was spot on, I know this because I was hitting an unusual fade at the time that was exactly the same on the range.   I also have had better help...
Nope, if you need it here you will need it there, just thinking about the open championship... It can get cold even in the summer, or it can be 90 degrees. be ready for anything... remember that Ireland is known for their Wool goods and Aran sweaters... if you live somewhere other then FL where we only get 2 days a year cold enough to wear one, you may want to pick one up...   Have fun and enjoy being able to tee off at 7 pm.
Take this with a grain of salt because I own the RBZ driver, I bought it because I liked the feel of it, not as crazy about the sound but getting used to it. I hit it further then my old launcher, but that is because it is a better fit... I went from a 10.5* Launcher 460 to the RBZ tuned down to 8*... it's so nice to get rid of the balloon ball on the driver. I used to get very little roll with my driver because the ball was launching to high and would balloon,...
I'm in!
I didn't vote, on the course I play the most, there are only 3 driver holes. 7, 10, and 18... 7 is not even really a driver hole but I keep trying to drive the green... my best drive to date leaves me 10 yards short... the course is very sandy so its hard to get roll when you see the ball splash in the fairway 15 yeards short of the green... 10 is a 560 yard par 5 down hill that with a good drive I can get to the green in 2. and 18 is a 460 yard par 4 up hill, a good...
Picked up a pair of true tour white/black shoes... wow what a perfect fit shoe for my feet... shoes always seem to be to narrow in the toes... these give my toes room to breath and feel really stable. I also grabbed a couple gloves and a dozen gamers.