or Connect

Posts by Andrew Gibson

I have to second the True Linkswear as something to look at... Maybe its because I have a wide toe spread, but the ture's fit my feet perfectly, room for all my toes not just 4 of them, and they still fit in the heal. I also feel more balanced in them then in my other shoes. i have the tour 2.0 in white/black.   I can not wear Nike or Adidas shoes, they are way to narrow for my feet, I have tried the wides in Nike and they were still to narrow in the toes, and one...
I always play a coupe shots better when I walk. I think the act of walking definitely helps my tempo... I have also found that as I get older (27) I walk just a little slower. At the same time my swing tempo has slowed down just a little as well... I'm not sure if I walk slower because I swing more smoothly or the other way around... I can still walk in 3 hours on a reasonable course without issue and anyone in front, so i guess i'm not that slow. I do enjoy riding...
this is my understanding of your questions. 1. A shaft that is to stiff will result it not loading the shaft properly in the down swing and also result in shorter shots then with the proper flex shaft for your swing speed.   2. A shaft that is too weak will cause timing issues and really screw with your timing. Also shot dispersion can be all over the place, in other words shots will go right and left when they would have gone closer to your target with the proper...
The belt looks nice to me, but I don't know why I would need a ball marker in the buckle. I get my mall markers for $0.05 each from the US Mint.
I played a couple weeks ago. The course I play regularly is cheep and around the corner from my house and I can play for about the same cost as a large bucket... so you can guess there are a lot of new golfers on the course which is fine... These 2 girls were on the first tee box when I walked into the pro shop to check in... After BSing for a few I went to walk out and saw that they were still on the tee... I said to the shop guy, mind if i go to 6 and he said you can...
That's about an hour from me... I may have to take a trip down there when it opens. it's out in the middle of no where. and was an orange grove... I would guess they moved a lot of dirt to build the courses.   It would seem a little fishy that two people with only one post started and responded to this thread...
I have experimented with a couple apps, but I keep going back to the scorecard... I really prefer not to use the phone if I don't have to, and I can track all the stats I want on a card just as easily if not more easily then a phone.... the thing I hate about scorecards is I prefer to walk and carry and there is never a good place to keep the card so it ends up wrinkled or torn, so I just bought a sumi-g scorecard/yardage book cover and plan to start using it... I have...
My MacGregor mht 3 hybrid is 19* and my rbz 5 wood is also 19*. The difference is that the 5 wood is about 1.5-2 inches longer. I guess it could make sense to replace the 5 wood with a 2 hybrid. but I would think the 5 wood would tend to be a bit more forgiving. I guess you may be able to control the shorter shaft of the hybrid a bit more... I still think I would go with a 5 wood over the hybrid, but that's just me, I would have to hit the 2 hybrid side by side with...
I learned with the interlock, which seems to be the norm, I would expect learning the game while still growing makes sense as the hands are small. about the time I was 18-20 I switched to the overlap because I had a blister on one of my fingers... I cant remember which, but switching to the overlap helped and I was able to play that day, never switched back.
I'm 27 an live down here in the FLA and I don't wear white belts. I wear shorts on the golf course, mostly because we only get 3 days of the year when it's to cold for shorts and i would rather wait 3 days for it to warm back up :) I do wear bright colored Polo's, I tend to like green and orange, though i will wear any color except pink or purple. I like to keep my golf apparel conservative enough so that I can wear it off the course as well.   I don't expect...