or Connect

Posts by Andrew Gibson

I don't know anyone that is a scratch golfer, and pretty much all my frineds think i'm an amazing golfer and i'm doing good to keep it under 80. I do have a good friend that is a Lefty and has played hockey sense grade school and still plays. He started golfing with me while we were in college and  he seemed to be better right handed then left. Actually he has a very natural swing and with a little work I think he could easily break 80 and potentially do better... his...
Sorry all but I am seriously excited. I just booked a Tee time at Harbor Town in September. My wife and I are going and staying at Sea Pines resort for our honeymoon. We got married in May and we decided to wait to go until September because she was better able to get time off work. Funny thing is she picked the resort, when she told me which one I told her you know I have to golf if we go their and she said, "well yea." So I am booked to play 3 straight days of...
I am going to play harbortown in september. I can't wait. it will be on my honeymoon, and no my wife will not be playing with me.  I also have a promice to play sawgrass from an inlaw that works for the pga. gotta hold him to that. I would love to play copperhead here in the tampa area where they play the transitions...
I re gripped my RBZ right away... I think I played 1 round with them... the grip was too thin for me.... taking the proper grip is part of my pre shot routine.   Stand behind ball facing target. Hold club parallel to the ground, toe pointing up and take grip. (with the toe pointing up you should be able to grip the club squarely without much issue) Walk into the ball. align clubface to target line. Align body square to clubface. Take one last look at my...
I have a 26 year old friend that was best man in my wedding, and he is dating an 18 year old.... "It's Like She's F****** Five!"   Now I am not saying that all 18 year olds are immature, but this one really is... I hope for his sake she is good in... because she can't cook, she's a slob, she has trouble forming complete sentences, never mind holding an intelligent conversation, and I would say is only a 7 on the looks scale... I just don't get it.
I'm 5' 10" and I use standard size grips, but I have learned that I like 2 wraps of tape under the grips.... in fact I use 3/4" tape and spiral wrap as tight as I can without overlap... say 1/4" gap, then another wrap in the other direction.... that works for me... I would say do a grip size fitting if you can.I think you can do it at golfsmith... and i would guess others. A larger grip should help keep from using to much hands, but I believe to large a grip can cause...
My now wife, broke the shaft on my TM supersteel 3 wood. A bunch of my friends in college went over to the range, she hit the ground about 4 inches behind th ball, and snapped the shaft 2 or 3" from the hosel...   Maybe thats a good sign for the poor guy, if thats how it works he will be marrying a hottie... And hopefully tm will replace the club for him.
Not sure about the best golf purchase I ever made, but I do love my new RBZ 3 wood... I like it a lot better then my old Cleveland 3... same with the 5 wood. the 3 actually took me a few swings more to get used to then I thought it would, but after that I feel very confident with it.
3 things I have found that seem to break shafts. Hitting the big ball to hard, hitting the little ball off of the hosel, trying to fit clubs intothe trunk of a car that is not designed for drivers of their current length... a hatchback is the way to go... lay down the skinny seat of a vw golf and you can fit 3 bags and 3 people without issue... I would be willing to try 4 bags and 4 people as long as the 2 in the back are skinny and close friends :)... my chevy tracker 4...
Why not just get you old driver reshafted... should be able to do that pretty cheeply. I have snapped a couple shafts in my time, I had my TM superSteel 3 wood reshafted twice... once I snaped it in a similar event to what you mentioned, the other I let my now wife hit it... she hit the big ball a little to hard. man I loved that 3 wood... aparently they stopped making the shaft size for it (steel shaft) at least thats what I was told... ended up with a new cleveland 3...