or Connect

Posts by Andrew Gibson

I picked up a RBZ driver 9.5 stiff, the 3 and a 5 woods. I have the driver turned down to 8* , I was getting the best spin rates on the launch moniter with this setup and was averaging 265-270 carry...   I think the 3 wood and 5 wood are great, it actually took me a little bit to get used to the 3 wood, but I have played a few over 54 holes with the set now and love them. I am definitely more confident with them... there is a short par 4 on the course I play...
Yup some days the world goes grey and all you see is the shot shape you want when you stand behind the ball, you step up and hit it... I love it when everything clicks... congrats... I remember my first 80... septerber 11, 2001... that was a weard drive home from the course at 11am, I was 16.
shot a 82 today... miserable back 9... 11 over Par 70. I think its 5600 yards... short. The fairway grass is long and patchy the greens are rough, and small, but what do I expect for all you can play for $10 Had a double and a tripple on the back both because of OB. actually had 2 doubles on the back... i was 1 under on 7 after a double on 2. just lost the swing a couple times and made 2 compounding mistakes... in reality if I could have 3 swings back I could...
I'm a Woodworker/ furniture maker/ Luthier/ contract Sawyer.   I have a website www.gibsonwoodworking.com you can also see some of the stuff I make on facebook just search gibson woodworking.   And my avatar pic is a Ukulele I made.
I personally think tiger is still comming back. I think he is so motivated by the media that he wants to shut them up in Major fashon... I honestly think he wants another slam... and that would be some seriously fun golf to watch.   That being said I have really enjoyed the golf we have had this your... Bubba at the masters, Fowler winning... Rory last year at the masters and then the US open. It has been a great year+ in golf... tiger is picking it up and winning...
Aerages on a good day...   Driver 270-280 3 wood 250-255 5 wood 230-235 3h 215-220 4h 205-210 5i 190-195 6i 175-180 7i 160-165 8i 150-155 9i 140-145 pw 125-135 gw 115-120 sw 95-100   Darn that was hard... the course I have been playing recently has little in the way of yardages.
i have all the normal stuff, balls, tees, lots of watter, always have at least 3 bottles with me for walking 18... I also have a divot tool that was given to me by a playing partner after my second round of golf... I had a plastic one and used it, they were just being nice and gave me one, it is metal. I also always have a few nickels in the bag that get dropped in my pocket... car keys come out and golf stuff goes in.
I think there is a big difference between someone that is athletic and participates in games, and someone that is competitive and competes at a pro or semi pro level. I consider my self to be fairly athletic, I go to the gym and lift weights (actual iron, not machines), I cycle, I played baseball as a kid, I play Racquetball, I enjoy shooting, swimming... I am not competitive in any of these. I went out for the golf team in college, was completely unprepared, mostly...
If your coming back to FL there are a couple courses that have hit the top 100 lists I believe a few times. Its World Woods Golf club. 2 courses that both have made the list... I think you can play both for $70 depending on the time of year. they are about an hour to an hour and a half north of Tampa... I'm hoping to get out to them at some point in the next month. I myself have had the pleasure of playing 4 rounds of golf in Ireland and I don't believe there is such a...
Bag , ping 4 series stand bag   Driver TM RBZ 9.5 stiff, face tuned down to 8*. 3 wood RBZ 15* stiff 5 wood RBZ 19* stiff 3 & 4 hybrid MacGregor MHT stiff 5-PW MacGregor forged PCB stiff Wedges 52* & 56* purespin... these things just never ware out. Putter NC voodoo blade.   ball, whatever I can afford. Trying the Gamer v2 now...   Just replaced my old Cleveland Launcher 460, 3w and 5w with the RBZ woods and love them, I definitely feel more...