or Connect

Posts by 3PuttKing

What is dumb about it?   Champions work hard to earn the chance to raise a championship trophy. They put is a ton of hours and make a lot of sacrifices. The joy an athlete feels when lifting a championship trophy that they dedicated their life towards is probably comparable to the joy a mother feels when she holds a child she has waiting so long to have. Any real athlete will understand why people kiss the trophy, everybody else will just look at it as cliche.
  I do agree that the OP was wrong to make the call to go off on the back-nine, but so were the group of ladies who tried to skip #2 and then come back to it, everyone seems to be overlooking that. Everyone preaches that "you're position on the course is directly behind the group ahdead of you". Skipping holes is not "staying behind the group in front of you".   My bet is that the OP wasn't actually the rude one, the lady from the clubhouse that drove up to them was the...
  That's a great attitude that will without a doubt generate repeat business...I'm willing to bet you wouldn't talk like that to a customer to his/her face...or at least I hope you wouldnt.   I don't blame the OP for turning around and deciding to call it a day. He went out there with the intention of getting a quick round of golf in on a Firday afteroon. When he got there, he found out that the course felt the need to load up the front nine with 6 groups back-to-back (4...
For me, golf gives me an opportunity to challenge myself. I don't play golf competitively, and most of the people I play with don't take it as seriously as I do, so I am mostly just competing against myself and my own stats. I like to focus on improving my stats (GIRS, FIRS, avg. par 3's, 4's, 5's, etc.). I like to keep a log of how I shot at each course I played so that next time I play it I have a benchmark to base my days performance against.   I just simply love...
I have multiple buckets and milk crates full of golf balls in my garage. My old man is a ball hawk and when we're waiting on a group up ahead you'll see him wandering in the woods/weeds looking for golf balls. It's like he has a radar for them too, because he never doesn't find any. Because I'm slightly OCD i've gone through most of them and tried to organize them by quality and type.
in my opinion, yes it is difficult to understand. If I hit a bad shot and I know I can hit a better one, I'll drop a ball down on the same spot and try the shot over again.....to practice. I won't use it towards my score, but i have every right to drop another ball and take a "practice" shot as long as I don't hold up the pace of play. stop acting like you're perfect.
I love when people don't think before speaking....
Don't waste anymore time trying to explain yourelf. Your friend did nothing wrong. There was three of you, he playd two balls, and never slowed the pace of play down. I bet if you went into the clubhouse and asked the manger if it was ok if you played two off the tee he wouldn't give a shit. Pace of play was slow, and you probably had plenty of time to take a few extra practice approach shots/putts and still not hold up the pace of play. Not sure why people are in a race...
This is full of truth.   It's fascniating and really entertaniing that so many people are so high up on their self-made soap boxes.
gotta love the "golf course police officer"