or Connect

Posts by jdmccjm

Without seeing your swing, I can't really say what might be causing your push-fade.  However, in relation to your question, I have seen players hit push shots without an in-to-out swing path.  That being said, the position of the clubface at impact has an undeniable impact on both the line your ball starts on and the path is travels thereafter.  One important thing to remember is that your body, assuming you have any athleticism, will subconsciously alter itself to try...
Nice!  The main reason I picked up on the right elbow issue is because I have had that same problem, and I think a lot of people do.  That being said, I think the position of the right elbow at the top of the backswing is a result of how you take the club away from the ball during the takeaway and into the backswing.  Like a lot of other players, I like to aim for a certain "feeling" when making a swing adjustment rather than focusing on the technicalities.  Feel allows...
Pretty good looking swing, Beachcomber.  Couple thoughts:   (1) Your right elbow gets a little too far away from you at the top of your backswing.  Try keeping that elbow a little closer (somewhat tucked) to your right side.  This will shorten your backswing a little bit and lead to more consistent ball striking.  Take a look at Jason Dufner's swing for help on this:     (2) Also pay attention to your balance and where your weight goes on the backswing.  You...
Driver - 270-285 (can hit 300 if I torque it, but it's not a shot I often turn to b/c it lacks consistency) 3W - 240-250 3H - 205-215 4i - 193 5i - 180 6i - 171 7i - 160 8i - 151 9i - 134 PW - 120 52 - 105 56 - 95
Neither.  I believe that hole bends left and he is just cutting a little off the corner with a fairway wood.  Look in the back left corner and you can see some fans standing around the bend along the fairway where he's aiming.   As far as my thoughts about float-loading, I like it as long as it's not overdone.  That is, using your shoulder turn to take the club back is great; however, it's important to stay balanced at all times and avoid getting sloppy.  I like to...
I think Robert Garrigus is a pretty good of example of someone being on the opposite side of float-loading.          - Look at Garrigus' swing here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqAlB-JcApw        - Now check out Dufner's swing here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l55LB8oABvQ     To really notice the big difference, look at how much more shoulder turn Dufner has than Garrigus at the middle of his backswing; Dufner already has a substantial shoulder turn...
Very interesting topic, and, being a Dufner fan, one I have actually devoted a substantial amount of thought to.  During an interview a couple months ago     Dufner said, "I can't remember where I picked up the waggle or when it started."  He went on to say there's "no thought process about it; doesn't have any meaning or swing thought."  Dufner noted, "There's no special reason for it."     In my opinion, there's a lot more to Dufner's waggle than he wants...