or Connect

Posts by Fore Left

Nothing against the higher-handicappers who play the muni courses, but they probably aren't seeing yardages on the course that are very accurate.   I don't have/use a range-finder though, because I just try to focus on enjoying the game, and part of the "challenge" if you will,  is determining what club to play from whatever position/lie/elevation etc. I am, using whatever the course lists the yardage as, or what my eyes tell me the distance is.
Don't get married or have any kids and you'll have a good shot at getting on the Champion's Tour.
I was hitting someone's driver, and hitting it well, so I ordered one  (I'm an off-the-rack club buyer at the moment)     He is a golf-pro, so I'm sure he ordered it to his specifications etc, but here's the dilemma:   The club he has is a Callaway Razr X Black,  so that's what I ordered  (Stiff shaft, 8.5* )   Well,  I got my club in the mail before going out of town, so I have yet to hit it etc,  but I opened it, and immediately noticed it's not the same...
I've shot even par a number of times,  never had an ace.     I wouldn't give up a single one of my even par rounds for a handful of aces.
  Not "trendy"  but I have to give my endorsement for my shoes.   I wore the same set of Ralph Lauren shoes for YEARS  (10+  with 2 trips to the cobbler in-between)   and I wanted a pair of "classic" looking golf shoes, and Footjoy no longer made their great "Classic" line of shoes.     I ordered a pair of Allen Edmunds  "One Up" shoes,  after a year or so,  a stitch kinda came undone,  and I contacted them, sent them in, and received a brand new pair in a week.   I think...
Callaway Pre-Owned is awesome.   I had the same Hawkeye driver for 12 years or so,  and decided to pull the trigger on an Octane Tour, and my distance increased by a LOT over my old club.     After a year and a half or so,  I decided to get a club a buddy has that I hit even better,  so for only $90 shipped,  I managed to snag an 8.5* Razr X Black.....   should be here Monday,  and I can't wait.   My Diablo Octane Tour was listed as  "Average" condition, and...
I guess I'll start this, since I'm on my way out to buy clubs for my son....   I want to help my 5 year old enjoy the game, but all of the Junior-lessons and "Golf Camps" in the area are for  "6-17 year olds"  and I don't think it'll serve him very well to be put into a large group with such varying skill levels and ages, and I also think he's a little too young to really get the most from individual lessons.    I think I'll take him out to the local goat-pasture a...
Bringing this one back rather than starting a new one.....   I'm guessing the options have changed a bit,  but if I bought a few clubs at Play-it-again, and had kid-shafts put in them, would it be as good for my 5 year old, or is the club-head going to be too heavy etc?    If I got a few used ones in regular flex graphite and cut them down,  would that be o.k.?   I know a steel shaft would be too heavy/stiff if cut down, but thought graphite might be a...
  Nice find.   I see they are Buy 1 get 1 half off too.... which is very tempting.   I like the light blue, and perhaps the darker blue, or the green.      Do they have these available in stores  (gotta find one!) so I can check them out for fit/feel before ordering?     On topic with the rest of the discussion,  I think for people like me  (skinny little dudes)  it's pretty easy to pull off the bright colors.  I like the Nike tech pants  (plaid, seer-sucker looking ones,...
I'm a 'just west' of Cleveland guy.