or Connect

Posts by Fore Left

I hit the ball too many times.
  While I don't dictate what others should/shouldn't do,  I wear pants all the time too....    I put on my shorts and go for a run,  but during my daily activities, grocery shopping, golfing, going to a store, doing some yardwork, etc...  I wear pants.   My reasons are mostly due to skinny little chicken legs though,  and for golf,  I have shoes that pretty much can't be worn with shorts.   EDIT: Also,  with the tech-pants that are out now,  I would venture to say it's...
If it's very deep,  I'd leave my 60* in the bag,  for fear of skulling it out of there.   I would probably take my 55*,  play it WAY back in my stance,  and hit down into the ball to 'pop' it out.   Follow-through wouldn't even be on my mind....  just trying to pop it up,  and out,  and depending how hard I swing,  I can control the distance pretty well with this method....   it puts some back-spin on the ball,  but not enough to stop the ball in it's tracks,  so I don't...
  The Puma Tech pants  (orange, green, blue specifically)  are great.....  but not made in my skinny/short size unfortunately.   I'm due for a new Titleist hat.  
I'm just curious,  with your current handicap why are you opposed to playing with guys who might improve their lie,  ground their club in hazards, not count all of their strokes etc?   Just enjoy the company,  and follow the proper rules yourself,  and put in practice time.  If you get to a point in your game where their poor play distracts you,  then make a move,  but for now,  it would seem you should be able to ignore it because you have enough of your own strokes...
    I tend to think that those that shoot 110+  certainly DO need to work on their driver etc.... but it's more about "making good decisions"     You might not want to hit that driver off the tee until you can hit it straight,  etc....    I don't carry any wood/hybrid other than my driver,  so if I couldn't hit my driver,  I'd tee off with my 2/3/4/5 iron... whatever it takes.   So you only hit you 5 iron 170 or so,  but you hit it STRAIGHT.   think about most of the...
How often have you played over that 3 year period.   Other 'tuning' can help,  but the best way to lower your score initially is to play A LOT.
I hope my next round is my  "+2 Round"   but somehow I always shoot pretty close to my handicap.....   I guess if those guys didn't make a stink it wouldn't have gained any traction,  but it's funny that once it all comes out, you find out that they only turn in a dozen scores in an entire year  (where golf can be played year-round)  despite belonging to a club,  yet still carry a single-digit handicap.   Looks like 4 scratch golfers sandbagging,  and two did it...
Membership at  TheParkingLot.com  is soaring.  
$130  and from a reputable source:   http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/titleist-dci-990-irons/titleist-dci-990-irons-2000,en,pd.html?cgid=other-brand-iron-sets   I would shy away from craigslist.     If you look at their "Clearance" section on that site,  you might find something else too,  like:     http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/3606935/3606935,en,pd.html?cgid=iron-sets-clearance   $80