or Connect

Posts by Fore Left

You're talking about the person who started this thread,  as a 20+ HC?   He'd have to do a lot more than that.....   The kid from Purdue would need to put 4+ hours in a day for the next year just to try to walk-on as a sophomore,  and he's already scratch! Perhaps he's trying to keep you interested,  and at the same time encourage you to post scores in larger tournaments on courses he's more familiar with etc....     Either way,  I don't think it sounds like him closing...
So,  let's see if I'm getting this right.   1)  You tee off,  and finish the first hole.   2)  A couple of ladies approach you to ask if they can play a hole they said they skipped.     3)  You allow them to play the hole,  but don't join them because they aren't attractive/young/etc.   4)  You decide that rather than see what the pace of play actually is,  you should go play whatever hole you want because you're somehow entitled to do whatever you want...
After my time off,  I actually added a 2i also.   I don't carry any fairway woods or hybrids....   I don't have the room in the bag for them.
From looking at that picture,  it looks like you have VERY LITTLE green to work with.   I would actually open up my 60* wedge,  take a healthy swing,  and hit a flop-shot....  unfortunately this isn't a high percentage shot for most,  and could have terrible consequences if you hit it thin, short, fat, etc.   For a newer golfer,  my advice would be this  (noting that it's really not the best way to do it,  but something that is manageable while you practice)   I...
I had someone back into my car in the parking lot of a golf course  (not the same thing I know)   with a decent sized pick-up-truck with a trailer-hitch on it based on what the top of my hood looked like.   Someone saw the guy,  watched him take off,  and wrote the License plate #,  make/model/color etc.      I called the police  (because it was certainly significant damage)  only to find out that since the guy who actually saw it didn't leave any contact info...
I started back up after a 3 year break,  albeit with the same clubs I was swinging when I gave it up.    I agree though,  golf has a steep learning curve,  and the 'memory' of past glory days certainly doesn't make it any easier!
I have these in Black. This is the reason I don't use mine  (except I keep one on my 2i to keep clatter from my driver when I leave the headcover off of it when I take a cart) This is what mine are reserved for now as well.
Sorry,  been out of town.   Moving the ball up in my stance made an IMMEDIATE difference in my putting,  but I stayed out there for 4 hours working on it nonetheless.    Eager to get back out for another 18,  and see how I do under "normal" conditions.
  I would say that most of the time it's certainly a speed issue.....  man,   I lag some SERIOUSLY short putts,  but also blast them way  (10 feet!)  past some times.   As someone else mentioned the "upswing"  I'm definitely intrigued by those links now,  as I know I play the ball fairly far back in my stance/in the middle of my stance.   I have gone through various  "attempts"  at corrections  (how far up/down the grip I hold the putter etc)  with no change,  so perhaps...
I have always known my putting was the weak part of my game,  but just recently I decided to 'track' it,  and the results are pretty sad.   I putted  "Better"  when I played a lot  (Pre-hiatus from the game)  but now I'm striking the ball much better,  and my putting is MUCH worse!   I played a par-70 course the other day,  slope/rating 72.7/131 that was pretty darn hard for a par 70.... lots of trouble etc... and I felt like I hit the ball great,  but I my...