or Connect

Posts by Fore Left

I got a "Probably"  2 season old  Callaway Diablo Tour  from here:  http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/?gcid=google_Callaway-Brand&vehicle=cpc   after my 3 year hiatus,  and to replace my Hawkeye VFT  which was probably a dozen-15 years old,  so I guess your situation is similar to what mine was a few weeks ago.   Look around and find free shipping codes etc....   I managed to get it for $66 shipped.     Now I'm looking at irons,  which I don't know that I "need"...
I prefer to walk.    Finding friends (I'm in my early 30's,  so most of my friends are +/- 8 years or so of me)  who are willing to walk with me is a whole-other problem though,  so if I'm playing with 1 person,  or 3,  and they all want to take carts,  then cart it is.   Another issue is these courses that have houses 7 inches off the tee-boxes and greens,  yet it's 150 yards from green-to-tee between every hole......  It's "development-designer-courses"   pisses me...
Loft is only part of the equation.....   how far do you hit each of your current clubs,  and do you play at one or two courses mostly?   What are the yardages like?    How far do you find yourself  "Between clubs"   etc.   I carry an 8.5* driver,   my 3 iron is 22*   and I ordered a 2 iron  (haven't received it yet)   has a 17.5* loft,  but in addition to the extra distance I hope to achieve from it,  I really got it because it's a cavity back,  so I should be able...
Never heard of these until reading this today,  and although I certainly don't need another pair of shoes  (at least not right now!)   I'm going to recommend these to people.   Can anyone attest to the quality of the pair that is  "For charity"  that they sell?   They look pretty good.
Picked up 3 shirts at TJ Maxx  for $46 after tax,  out the door.....     Pretty nice ones too.  
I carry a 52*,  55*,  and 60*
  Low 40's  being  43-44  (I'll call them low!)     Much more than an 8-10 right now.
I put this out there elsewhere,  but this year began my "back from Hiatus"  journey as well. I was about a 4 handicap at the peak,  got up to 8 or so when I found less-and-less time to play,  and then I stopped the game completely due to life/kids/traveling/work/whatever.   I didn't take off from the game nearly that long  (3 years)  but my return back had me shooting in the high 40's/right at 50  for 9 initially,  and I'm already pretty consistently in the lower...
I ended up ordering the 2i  for $8.60 shipped.         Heck,  looking at clubs,  it's harder and harder to find sets that come with a 3i now!
I have blades,  and have a big gap in my bag  (8.5* driver,  then 3i)   I'm planning on buying a forgiving  (looking at a Ping-Zing2 )  2 iron to help on longer par 5's and those enormously long par-4's I sometimes run into.   I hit my 3 iron 240 TOPS  but more often 225 or so,  from the fairway....   Even if a 2 iron only gets me more consistently at that 240 mark,  if it does so without me having to swing out of my shoes  (and if it's more on-target)  then it'll be...