or Connect

Posts by Fore Left

Shirts without collars.....   I honestly think if Tiger Woods wasn't playing like he was playing, ranked how he was ranked,  etc...  the tour would have never let anyone else get away with his 'mock-collar' shirts he always wears.
    Who was stereotyping?   I was just stating what I do....  You can wear whatever you like,  I just prefer to wear pants.   Caddyshack is great by the way.
  I absolutely never wear shorts on the course.   I prefer pants for one,  and also I think I'd look silly wearing my golf-shoes in shorts.   Either way,  I always wear a shirt with a collar too....  even if I go to a driving range.   Respect the game I say....
Can you cite the rule that states this?   I was always under the impression that you hit (from the tee for instance)  and you fear your ball trickled in the water  (and assuming you didn't want to take the distance and drop at the point of entry...  something I couldn't see myself doing I guess)   or more likely,  you hit the ball and you saw it go by the dreaded white stakes,  and think it 'may' have rolled Out-Of-Bounds.   You re-tee 3 if you hit it out of bounds,  but...
At the 00:44  of that video,  it looks like a pull to my untrained eye.
I'm thinking about it,  but I still don't understand.     I'm pretty sure the "Pro's" learned the game playing under the same rules as everyone else,  so why shouldn't they play by those same rules now?  
More of a "Course" rule  (that's in effect at every course I can think of now!)  but I really wish I could still have metal spikes in my golf-shoes.   I understand that given the amount of idiots who drag their feet,  and those who aren't athletic enough to reach into the cup to remove their ball without looking like a dog kicking up grass after peeing,  that the soft-spike-only policy isn't surprising,  but I still think these idiots are out there doing pretty much just...
I drove into a green-side bunker on a short par 4,  and then bladed my bunker shot because the ball was severely buried....  the ball hit the lip of the bunker,  popped up,  landed on the green and rolled in for an eagle......   it was certainly a creative way to get an eagle!
My brother took a driver from the pro-shop to "test-drive"  for nine holes.... they put some tape on the face,  and he cracked the face.   He has a ridiculously (had perhaps)  high swing speed,  I wish I could claim it was me!    I hit my Hawk-eye VFT that I got a year or so after it came out used,  until about 2 weeks ago.   110-115 swing-speed,  and I would be surprised if there was any metal fatigue that affected it's playability,  but I could be wrong.   I...
Thanks for the suggestions.   Just to update,  I've picked up 2 pairs of Nike Dry-Fits from 'reasonable' deals online.   Some blue-striped ones,  and ones that are black with a lime-green type plaid color....   Neither one as "colorful" as I think I can get away with,  but the Puma ones apparently don't come in a size that adheres to my skinny-short-European-stature!   I wore a pair of the Nike's last time out,  and they are a VAST improvement over khakis...