or Connect

Posts by SoundandFury

That's not a pitching wedge/super gap/gap wedge, that's a 9 iron, PW and GW.  Is that just so people can say they hit their PW 150 yards?
I think we're talking about golf in the U.S. If that's the case, then the tennis argument doesn't hold much sway. I'm 32, and I can count the number of people I know (who didn't play high school or college tennis) who care about professional tennis on about two fingers (myself being one).  On one hand I totally get your point about it being easier for us to play; the last thing I want is thousands more people crowding golf courses in jeans who've never picked up a club and...
What's the difference between a fade a power fade. Don't you want to hit all fades powerfully...
Thanks Erik.  Regarding the elbows coming apart, my guess is that that's a flaw in the swing, not something naturally happens when swinging a bit out to in.  The main reason I posted this question is because I noticed on well struck fades I wasn't loosing distance. After trial and error on the range, I've found that best fades I can hit are the ones where I pretty much make the exact same swing I do when I hit a draw; only differences are 1) I line up left of the target,...
This makes sense to me. The fade I play now is waaaaay different thanLucky man (and probably 1 in 100). I started off slicing. As I got better my miss became a hook, which no question gets me in more trouble than any slice ever did. However, I hated the slice so bad that to this day nothing pisses me off more than seeing a ball go right, even though it's always a block now, not a slice. Still ruins a round.
This makes sense to me. The fade I play now is waaaaay different than the one I (unintentionally) hit when I was a 25+. Ball starts 5 yards left of the target and drops to right. Exact opposite of a well hit draw. Last thing I want is the ball swooping 20 yds across the sky.
Started working on hitting cuts when I need them, for both tee shots and pins that call for them, and to scrub a little distance off when I'm between clubs.  I've always heard that fades don't travel as far as draws, however I hit a cut 3w today that I swear traveled as far if not further than some of the draws I've hit on that particular hole.  That being said, I also hit a cut 9i that came up about 8 yards shorter than my stock draw usually does on the same par 3....
I disagree.  Slicing a ball into someone's property pretty clearly rises to the level of negligent.  A person exercising reasonable care would know: (1) they don't have the skill to ensure they're not going to lose a ball right; (2) there is property located in the area where they might lose a ball; and (3) an errant shot might damage that property. With that in mind, the reasonable choice would have been to either hit a club that wouldn't reach the window, or not take the...
Curious to hear how everyone approaches practice.  I still find myself falling into the same "warm up with SW, hit some full pitching wedges, work through to driver, than hit way too many balls in too short of a time with randomly selected clubs" routine.     Assume 1-1.5 hrs, including full swing, short game, and putting.  Not looking so much at how much time dedicated to each, but rather what clubs hit, how many balls, how frequently you hit a shot, etc. etc.  
Hit the 21* other day; great club.  Long as hell and no hooks.  I'd gotten so used to trying hold off the Xhot just to hit it straight that it took me a bit to stop blocking these.