or Connect

Posts by ClayHbg

I'm just an immature, uneducated American but I do know that the word you're looking for there is ISN'T, not aren't.  I love when people try to insult the education of others they can't even do it without a grammatical error.      I even agree with some of your points but the generalizations are too much for even me. 
I've been reading a lot of these Nike "epiphany" stories lately.  I have never played Nike wedges and I don't play tour balls so I've always never played the 20XI-x balls, but the Nike products I do have in my bad are irreplaceable.    I couldn't agree more about the Method putter.  My SC Newport doesn't come close in terms of feel and distance control.  My Nike driver and Method putter are my two favorite clubs by far.    
Anyone who has played Nike clubs over the last 2-3 years knows their equipment is right up there with the top manufacturers.  Most of the equipment out there right now is pretty comparable when it comes to quality. 
Glad to see I'm not the only one.  The Vaprs don't seem to get the same amount of hype as the Gamers, Srixons, or Bridgestones but they feel great and they're just a great ball all-around.  And the fact that Dick's usually has them on sale for $20 a dozen doesn't hurt either. 
Good point!  The shoe itself isn't waterproof but the synthetic material they use is.  So if you play in the rain your feet probably stay dry.  If you step in a puddle that's deeper than the shoe laces, they won't. 
Leather isn't waterproof so they made the new TWs with a synthetic goretex-type material without a heavy, leather outer shell.  If there's one thing Nike has never been accused of it's lack of technology in their clothing and footwear.     I do however agree that they aren't the prettiest shoes I've ever seen, especially when they're worn with pants. 
They are definitely pricey, and I wouldn't spend that, but there are many shoes out there that are a lot more expensive and aren't endorsed by Tiger.  Adidas, FootJoy, Puma, and True all have shoes priced well over $200.
  Why? Consistency.  For the same reason I felt the PGA shouldn't be holding tournaments at clubs that exclude women.  It's perfectly legal for a private clubs to exclude Whites or minorities (and there are many clubs that still do) but I'd say the same thing if the PGA held tourneys there. 
  I don't know about that, but we can agree to disagree on why Augusta was the club being targeted.  I could definitley be wrong on this one (and I know many R&A clubs exclude women), but I don't think the PGA holds tournaments at any other all-male clubs.     I definitely see your argument.  It's a good one.  I don't necessarily agree with your premise here (considering that's a pretty big IF) but I hear your argument.  It's a good debate to have.  Coming from the South...
  Those tricky weasel words that cause you to read (or in your case re-read),comprehend, and think......they're so weaselly!    I've never once suggested in any way that Augusta wasn't a private club.  I merely said that, although they are private, they are held to a higher standard because of the monetary support they get from companies that receive public/government support and benefits.  I also gave examples of other private institutions and how those same standards...