or Connect

Posts by ClayHbg

Hahaha.  Agreed.
  Not if she (Ginni Rometty) declined Augusta's invitation to become a member...Augusta has not and never will reveal how many actual invitations go out every year.  They only reveal those that accept.  Part of the Augusta lure is the notion that no one in their right mind would ever decline an invitation so it's unlikely they'll ever reveal how many declined invites the get every year.   
  Come on man.  You don't think the fact that IBM now has a female CEO had anything to do with this decision?  Really?  If you honestly think that Augusta hasn't been under constant and continued pressure from CBS and  the boards of their former and current advertisers like Coca-Cola, AT&T, and IBM (all of which have female board members) then you obviously don't understand how Fortune 500s work.
  You want to be a Curves member?  That's cool.  I suggest you form a group and start protesting.  There are plenty of equality groups that would be happy to take up your cause.  But I'm guessing you merely want to argue, which is also fine.    Yes....that is a straw man argument because (in regards to Martha Burk/Augusta) no one was arguing the premise that all exclusive clubs should be banned because they are discriminatory.  If your club is TRULY private then you...
+1
Each year I seem to fall into my annual process of testing the newest mid-level balls (approximately $20-35) to find my "gamer" for that year.  This year was no exception.  At this point my wallet and handicap don't call for a tour ball and I can't seem to put them in the fairway to begin with.  This Spring, based on reviews, I decided to buy and test the Top Flite Gamer, Bridgestone e6, Srixon Q-Star, and Nike Vapor Blacks.    All are obviously great balls...
  This is the perfect example of a straw man argument.  Create a position that no one has taken and argue against that.  No one is trying to outlaw all men's clubs.  There are all-male cigar, poker, health, and social clubs all over the country.  There are also the same sorts of race-exclusive clubs.  The difference (which I believe you understand but can't argue) is that those clubs don't benefit from millions of dollars in endorsements from companies that recieve...
If you can name a women's club with comparable money, prestige, and influence that Augusta has and you express a genuine desire to become a member, I guarantee people like Martha Burke would be happy to protest on your behalf.  It's not about taking things away from men, it's about granting equal opportunities to women. 
Shoal Creek and Augusta both excluded Blacks until 1990 (still hard to believe).  Condi is now a member at both. 
don't mean to be "that guy" by offering a 4th option, but the Gamer V2s are the best ball under $20 on the market.  Hands down! (imo)