or Connect

Posts by NEOHMark

I'd get him more upright - closer to his old set up.  He looks awfully hunched over these days at set up.
I've had an ace - only one.  And it was pure - first swing off the tee and the ball never strayed from the flag in flight.  A small bounce; a short roll; and it disappeared.  I wish that joy upon every golfer.   I've never even THOUGHT about taking a second crack at the tee shot on a par-3 and considering it an ace.  It'd remove all the joy of the experience IMHO.  Quite the contrary, it'd probably add the frustration of knowing you had that shot 'in you', but failed...
Ditto.  Today, I'll be using my Bridgestone 330-RXS, #3, on its fourth consecutive 9-hole round.  I'll play it until I either: lose it; or it gets a significant abrasion on it.
Um...don't pair up then with anybody and wait your turn as a single?  Or perhaps get three buddies that are equivalent and book your tee times with them exclusively?  Or don't sweat it?   ;)
Situation is this:    - I play in an after-work weekday league of 9-hole rounds for 26 weeks during the summer months here in NEOH.  - A couple guys out of 16 are incredibly slow.  - ONE of those guys incessantly insists on playing in the lead group.  - Said guy is a slow player, and often struggles...making him even slower.  - Assigned groupings won't work because several members struggle to get there on time after work - so we always have to leave a slot or...
Ditto.
LOL, I hear you.     It's just the sports official in me (high school/college baseball - and high school basketball) coming out. I can defend virtually ANY rule in baseball, fastpitch softball, and basketball...and explain it with logic, and reason, to any person/coach/player who challenges it.  Golf boundaries and penalties?  Not so much.     OB/foul in any other sport is treated equitably and evenly in any situation.  Your example of home run fences equating to OB...
That's not at all what I'm saying.  If a hole has a lateral on the right, and OB on the left, there is a much more severe penalty - double the penalty in fact - by missing left than right.  There's no other sport/game, that I can think of, that has this inequity of playing venue.  Launching the drive into the lateral, in the stated example, is just as lost, and has left the bounds of playability just as much as the OB or lost ball.  Yet it's at least a full stroke higher...
I agree with all three of your ideas.  Fairways should be a haven of a good lie.  Greens should be a haven of a clean, flat roll.  And there is usually no logical reason why OB or a lost ball can't be treated the same as a lateral.  It would help speed up the pace of play too.  
But that's the crux of it, isn't it?   Unlike bowling, where a crappy bowler doesn't affect the pace of play of the scratch bowler two lanes over - golf is played on a 'two-lane' road.  There's no passing, unless there is a safe opportunity, and (in addition) the lead car (group) actually has to 'let you' pass by.  In comparison, bowling is played on an 18 or 20+ lane highway.  What is happening in the far right lane, has no bearing on the other 20+ lanes.   Golf is...