or Connect

Posts by norcalgolf

My natural shot shape is a draw. Not much of one though. With a driver, if I am striking it well, I get like a 5 yard draw, shorter clubs my only be a 2-3 yards. When I am not striking it well, well, then it is a different issue. :) I sometimes can play a fade, and sometimes I can't. It is easier for me to fade my driver/3wood and hybrids than my irons.
Twice I have done it. The first time was after 9 holes on the second day of playing in Scottsdale, AZ. I was seriously hung over, and hadn't slept much the night before. I shot a 54 on the front 9 and was just miserable due to the heat. I was a slow round due to a shotgun tournament going on. I just decided to call it a day and go in. The second time was a twilight round, and it wasn't suppose to rain, but did a storm came out of no where and just started...
I found for me the more I hit balls at the range the more I screw up my swing. What I have started to do is work mostly on my wedges, and work on getting good contact, etc. Good tempo, etc. I will chip a lot and practice around the greens, putt, etc. I will take a break in between and go and hit maybe 50 balls, just focusing on contact and tempo. Go back to short game practicing and then maybe finish up with another 50 balls. Now if something is wrong in my...
Definitely check the lofts on your wedges. I used to have the same problem, and finally went with a 58 degree lob wedge. Easier to consistently hit than the 60, just as easy out of the bunker. My next wedge is a 52, and then my PW is a 47 degree. As I get better though, I may do a 54/60 combo with my next two wedges, then again maybe not :) Also definitely look at your 5w/3i/4i. Figure out what you hit all 3 of them, and maybe look at 2 hybrids to replace the 3...
I like Bears Best for the most part. Each hole is pretty nice, but the course doesn't feel like 1 course, it really feels like 18 holes in many ways. I loved TPC Canyons though. If I had to choose between the two, I would go with TPC Canyons, but they are both good plays.
Welcome to any course in California along the coast in the winter time. I try to avoid any course that has Poa Annua greens that is along the coast during the winter months. The greens are SO bumpy. I have played down in the Monterey area before and after the AT&T in Feb. and I don't know how the pros do it. Even 1 footers are an adventure.
Anything is possible :) Unlikely, but if you want to commit the time, energy and money, go for it. I know several scratch/near scratch players, and as my handicap keeps coming down, I see the areas they excel in. Better short game and better putting. In my case for example my ball striking is at the point where I feel my scoring is not as good as my game. This really stems from not practicing my short game enough. My distance control with my wedges isn't...
I carry the opposite hand glove in my bag. I do wear it in the winter months, early in the morning when it is cold out. One right handed glove has lasted me two years though so it shows how little I wear it.
I used to carry a 52, 56, and 60, and would swap between the 3 depending on the course. Most time I carried the 52 and the 60. I didn't like having that large of a gap between the 2 wedges. When I wore out my previous 52, I went to a 52/58 combination instead. I use the 58 out of the sand, and as a lob wedge. I find that I hit it more constantly from the fairway than I did my 60. My personal opinion after watching many high handicappers come up short fairly...
I would buy what works for you :) Definitely try the SW from the set and see if it is one you want to use, if not then if you don't want a 3 iron, just order 4-PW or 5-PW. If you like using your long irons, then order 3-PW. For me, my previous set of irons, I ordered 5-PW and I regretted it. As I have gotten better with my longer irons, there are courses that I would have liked to have a 4 iron or a 3 iron in my bag. My latest set of irons I picked up 3-PW...