or Connect

Posts by Pablo68

Well, of course this thread is about averages. In the movie 'Tin Cup' Don Johnson's character hits his 7 iron down the street and I'm guessing it went a good ways. If someone asked him how far he hit his 7 iron, is that shot the one he's going to point to and say 'I hit my 7 iron 300 yards'? No..........And as far as hitting a club well; even blind hogs find acorns. Do you hit it well often enough to call that your stock shot yardage?
I recently took a lesson and have been working on not letting the club get stuck behind me.   I've been working for the last week on what he showed me with good results on partial swings but mixed results on the full swing. I adjusted the timing of my downswing and saw dramatic results with my driver. I shot the best round of my life today; a 73 (36/37) with 3 birdies (all on par 5s) and 4 bogeys. I hit 9 fairways and was in the first cut of the other 5. I was on the...
  Okay, let me assist you in factoring your average. You have to count all those that you don't hit straight as well. Those hooks, pull hooks and vicious slices count towards your average. For each of your 220 yard banana ball slice or 240 yard left of left hook mean to hit your 280 average you have to blister one 340-360 down the middle. Starting to get the picture on what your ACTUAL average is?   No offense meant but people don't seem to fathom reality when posting...
Went Saturday and shot 78. 37 on front and 41 on the back. Only hit 6 fairways and 6 greens but had no doubles, 2 birdies and 28 putts. Wish my driver would behave itself.........could have been near scratch.
My club has Gold/Blue/White/Green/Red tees. My handicap is from the Blue tees at my club(s). Most are 6,300-6,500 yds with slopes of 120+. I can hit some drives 280 when I nut it but my average is 250-270 but I have rounds where I'm all over the place. Should people play the tees according their average drives in the fairway or according to their ability to score? I've played rounds where I've hit 12 fairways, 12 greens and didn't break 80. I've also played rounds where...
What if it's Cart Path only? Walkers will be much faster. A good player in a cart by himself will be a little faster than a good player walking. If you're playing together though, why the rush? I've yet to slow down someone playing in a cart while I'm walking. Walking gives you time to blow off a bad shot and estimate distances better.
I respect his talent. Truly, he has worked hard to achieve what he's accomplished and hard work is to be respected. That being said, I don't respect him as a person but don't label me a 'Tiger-Hater'. I used to root for him all the time but eventually grew tired of his 'Above the Law' mentality. It started well before his transgression outside his marriage and I wasn't that surprised when that all went down. Has he changed?...
It's more of an issue with society and poor parenting than it is golf etiquette. The examples people gave here aren't isolated to golf courses. I guarantee those idiots approach all facets of life with the same self-absorbed, entitled attitude they displayed on the course. I've encountered several myself at my club (private courses) so it's not isolated to Public courses. Kid chipping on the practice putting green. I informed him that there isn't any chipping there...
I guess I need to think about shooting the lock off my wallet next time I purchase a pair of golf shoes. I typically go to Dicks', try on some to find ones I like then snipe a pair off of Ebay. I can't imagine spending $200+ on a pair of shoes, let alone ones for golf.
 Great point.I'm really amazed at some of the claims by some people here. Either they don't know how to figure an average or they're just trolling. I would imagine hitting those distances yet he's still carrying a 5 handicap, his short game must be in dire need of an overhaul.