or Connect

Posts by Pablo68

Gotta give some props to Steve at Edwin Watts Golf Store in Newnan, GA.   I wanted to have my Ping I3s checked to make sure they were the standard lie and loft since I purchased them used off of Ebay back in May. He first asked my concern and I told him that I am (and always have been hitting the ball high) and he just nodded politely then checked my clubs (for free btw). He found them to be standard loft & lie but then suggesed he knew what my issue was. Then he...
  I tend to agree with the sound of someone making contact @ 100+ mph. When I'm at the range, I can tell just by listening when someone is flushing the ball with really good clubhead speed. To me it's like someone pulling out a shotgun at the shooting range compared with all the 9 mms.  It just sounds impressive.   Don't trust someone operating a machine to tell you what you're hitting a club. Ask to check it out at your local range before agreeing to buy. If they say no...
  I know what you're saying man and I agree for the most part. However, it's best for those that want to experiment with length to try the tips during non peak times. Kind of like having your inexperienced kids/wife/gf out there. Don't mess with everyone else's round for the sake of trying out something.   I've played from the gold (tips) tees for several years and ended up taking a break from the game (for 5+ years) because I was getting too frustrated. I started back...
What are the courses like in Merica? I may move from the U.S. to there.................maybe I'll hit 400 yd gap wedges too, then!
3 for me several times.   A few weeks ago, 1 eagle (hole out from 170 yds) + 1 birdie. Missed a couple makeable birdie putts that round. Shot 74 (playing white tees @ 6150 yds with 15-20 mph winds) but got up and down from the ball washer a couple times too.
  I respectfully disagree because most guys will NOT admit they don't hit it < 250 yards with the driver. The average person needs a shorter club in their hands on their approaches; NOT a longer one.   Playing tees that measure out at 7,000 yds for someone who can't break 80 isn't helping the game en masse. If they can't break 80 from there, they SHOULD move forward. It's all about skill and NOT about distance. If they're already hitting 3-4 by the time they even get near...
Guess some of these guys feel the need to inflate things to make themselves feel better. Probably the same guys who at the bar, use the head, grab it like a firehose getting ready to spout and urinate on the last 3 fingers of their hand.
  I'd be skeptical too. I know there are people who swear by those machines but personally, I'd rather trust what I'm seeing on the range (in real life) than a machine being operated by someone trying to sell me equipment I'm trying.   Kind of like when people were refinancing and taking equity out of their homes. They'd rely on Banks that wanted to loan them money to tell them what their house is worth.     I get what you're saying and agree. Some of the posters here are...
It's all about egos I guess.   Reminds me of a guy I was in the Air Force with that always had to 'one up' people. His replies always started with "sh_t, that ain't nothing. I ______"  If you told him you just summited Mount Everest's south face without oxygen but lost a testicle in the process he'd reply "sh_t, that ain't nothing. I summited the North face of Everest without oxygen, carrying a sherpa while smoking a cigar and I lost 3 testicles on the way down."
  I'm not and it was about as poorly worded (perhaps poorly read as well) as you posting a pic of Bubba to underscore your hip turn, leg straightening posting. Guys post a picture of a Pro whose spent years grooving his swing to say 'see, he does it!!'   Just because a Pro does a particular thing, doesn't mean the average hacker here should try to emulate that. The guy does it for a living, spent years grooving it and therefore talented enough to play that way.   Let me...