or Connect

Posts by Pablo68

I just watched the clip of him again, describing why he did drop there. So it was into the grain where he would have to drop so he went two yards away to give himself a better shot? Yep......that's cheating folks.   If you think he should still be playing right now, you are not a fan of the game; you're a fan of Tiger who gives him a pass no matter what.   What a shame if he wins this. What else is he doing to gain advantages on?
  Yep; if Tiger got DQ'd the t.v. ratings would take a hit and then Augusta would have egg on it's face.   Now what they've done is look like it's outright favoritism but that's okay if the guy's a minority.     Yep. Making the admission that he purposefully made an incorrect drop tells you all you need to know about the guy's character.     'Make a drop according to the rules?...........Ain't nobody got time for that!'
  I love lamp........
Good subject; this is my #1 pet peeve on the course. For the amount of members and the money we pay, there should be adequate tee boxes on all holes.   At my home course there's one tee box that when they move the markers towards the back, it's an uphill lie. Usual result is a sky high drive or my normal draw turns over too much. Moving back isn't an option on it either; there's about 6 feet from the markers to a dropoff behind the teebox.   When they move them...
Triple bogey by the pony-tailed guy.............   Maybe his panties are riding up some.
Sometimes confidence is taken as arrogance and I think a lot of Pros are disliked for that.   I've read several articles or tips written by Jack Nicklaus that I've thought 'Amazing how every subject turns into memory lane where he has to recall winning something. What a _____' but then I temper that thought with 'hell yeah, he's confident. He's the Greatest Of All Time'. Definitely my favorite of all time.   That being said, there are some douchebags out there on...
  Those fat appearance fees will help them recover I'm sure.
I wish I could find the article I read several years ago about the 1975 Masters. It detailed the duel between Jack Nicklaus, Tom Weiskopf and Johnny Miller. There were insights from the players as well as the caddies and it was a fantastic read. I think it was in Golf Digest or Golf Magazine.   It's definitely my favorite one to watch.
Risk/reward factor.....   Do I stand a better chance at Par or better if I hit the wood? Do I significantly increase the possibility of Bogey or worse if I hit the wood?   The guys I golf with often will take out their 3 wood no matter what the lie on par 5s/long par 4s.   For me, I take into account where the pin is located first. If the pin is tucked tight to the front of the green and well bunkered, I like my chances of Par or better if I hit a full wedge...
So the consensus is GIRs, right?     Most mid/high handicappers come up short when they miss greens. I wonder how many people would improve their GIRs by simply taking one more club, expecting to hit the club their average distance instead of their max distance?     Unless the pin is on the front of the green, I've been taking a lot more 3/4 shots with 1 more club if I've got an 8 iron or less in my hand to control the backspin on the greens.   Also,...