or Connect

Posts by Snakey

Here I am with a mental picture of Shorty as a knee sock wearing Gollum spewing vitriol and all the time he was a Yoda wrapped in a bunny rug.This thoughtful incisive thread encapsulates' what golf is all about.We have become obssessed about the final score rather than how we play.When you scramble through tree's and bunkers and still end up in the mid eighties , is it as satisfying as' hitting drives down the middle or pitch shots going right where you want them and...
That time of the month?
When you try to cut costs by outsourcing to China (and handing over technology and specifications to the Chinese) who promptly pass it onto their brother-in-law,cousin in the factory next door therefore flooding the market with shoddy fakes which make customers wary of anything with Callaway on it', these supposedly business genius's should slash from the top not from real working people.
Wow,some deep and thoughful replies,but I think Meenman nailed it ,cart etiquette along with normal golf etiquette .While I wasn't advocating "speed golf" when you get in a rhythm time flows smooth and you finish before you know it.As to carts they were brought in to speed people down to their ball at 20km to free up tee times but is negated by people doing what I said ,One guy waiting while his partner hits before both going across to the other ball therefore slowing...
Are foursomes killing the enjoyment of Golf,they are meant to to put as many people through a course in the shortest time.But does it? In my experience foursomes (even with carts )are like watching the grass grow.Four guys tee off ,carts go to one players ball,he hits,cart goes to second players ball usually a long way from first guy,he hits and ad nauseum.Last weekend 3 of us were walking the course with pull carts (walking!) and we were continually held up by the four...
I noticed when I was bidding on one set and watching about 5 others  there was always one guy who was always topping the bids on every set,like who bids on 6 sets of clubs at once.I contacted Ebay asking was this a shill or was this bidder a sport shop ,the answer crickets in the silence ,nada,zilch.Way to go Ebay to look after your users.
Is it me or do others have a need (addiction?) to constantly buy new clubs all the time whether through dissatisfaction with their clubs they are using (it's always the clubs not working not the player) or seeing a bargain to good to pass up or reading a great review about a club .Looking through my garage after reading on here what some guys have accumulated I have decided I am a Junkie.In my garage . 3 sets of irons . 3DX RC 5-pw.  Cleveland CG Gold 4-SW .Callaway...
Thanks to everyone for their replys ,as to contact their response was to say send them to Callaway for verification, costing me more postage and my response was the onus was on them not me to verify their authenticity.If you are selling something as Callaway the customer should be assured they are Callaway and after saying this to them the communication dried up.They did not address the issue of the odd 8 iron either.Since this happened I have looked on their Ebay sales...
Hi,I recently won a set of x20 Tours (4-PW 2 up 8 iron 3 up) on 3balls  as advertised in great condition which I am happy with but I have noticed they have a lot of these sets with different 8 irons and reading on blogs and elsewhere, the 8 has the serial number.Does this mean the 8 is genuine and the rest fake .Communication with 3 balls dried up when these questions were asked .Has anybody else had a problem with this.Thanks guys.