or Connect

Posts by Snowgolf

For context here.   What the RO asked me about when we came off was:   Had the guy making the stroke stated what he was going to do? I replied yes he had told the three of us he was hitting another ball from the tee. (that is his right,)   He asked me what was happening when he was asked if that was a provisional? My answer was he was at address in the process of making his stroke.   The guys making the stroke was pretty pissed at the timing of the...
A lot of oversimplifications here:   Variables   Flex                 L,A,R,S,X             Weight            50,60,70,80,90g Kick Point        Low/ mid/ High Tip stiffness      Soft--> Stiff Tourque            1.7deg  to 3.2deg   All these can be manipulated to effect launch and spin   Example Aldila R.I.P. Shafts   Models Alpha, Beta, Gama   Weights 60g, 70g, 80g   Flex      R,S,X   So 3 types of shaft with 3 different weights...
Simple if you knowingly witness a rule violation and don;t call the player on it or just "let it go' you can be DQ'd.   If your a newbie player and are ignorant of the rule violation and you don't realize its a violation it's one thing. If your a 1st flight player and you watch a noob take a practice swing in a trap and hit sand and don't call him on it you can be DQ'd for waiving the rules.
Four putt,   For an "honorable" person you dancing on the line here. First you called my honor into question now your calling me a liar. Easy to be so bold sitting behind a keyboard little different when your face to face with the man. We have a term for people like that where I come from. I suggest you check your honorable self and keep it civil.   I know what I witnessed and I know what I was asked by the officials and I know what the decision was.   He...
@Luu5 It's not being uptight it's the rules period. If it's a casual round do what you want. I play practice rounds at times where I play 2 balls and hit shots from different places to work on my game. I also don't post that round. (and no i'm not holding up play) But in a competitive round ( Tournament, Match Play, or Money game) you have to follow the rules as they are written. The rule book is a must read before playing any type of competitive round. Many of the rules...
 You guys are missing key parts to the rule.   A player teeing up in front of the markers or more than 2 clubs behind would be in breach of the rule if they did play that shot. Stopping him from doing so would not be giving advice.   A player saying 'I'm going to hit another " has not breached any rule nor would a rule be broken if the player waits till everyone else has hit and silently spikes up another ball and hits it. The only time the rule would be broken...
I find it funny that the kids with the RC were looking to get a reaction from the golfers by messing with their golf game. Notice how the RC was manouvered to move the ball on the green. Well they got a reaction just not the one they wanted.   Most of us learned early in life not to mess with strangers.
Same goes for playing the ball down at all times. That means out of footprints in traps divots in the fairway and any other crap lie you get. If you do it every round it's second nature in a tourney.
     Asking him what he is going to to could be considered a breach of the iadvice rule 8.1. Since a young age I was taught to keep my mouth shut until after a player hits. I have seen guys open their mouths before a player hit and get hit with the two stroke penalty for advising them on how to play. It's the responsability of each player to know the rules. If it's a casual round I don't care if you want to hit a mulligan or breakfast ball or what ever you call it. The...
Going back to the OP. The moment he stated that he wasn't hitting a provisional everything is moot. As soon as he hits from the tee that ball is in play and he is lying 3.   We had this happen recently in a money game. on of our opponents hit and it looked like it went through the fairway and into the garbage. He then stated "I'm going to hit another" he never said the word "provisional" or identified either ball. When we all got into the area where the balls were we...