or Connect

Posts by tdinneen

MP-32's!!!
Nicklaus North up in Whistler is a must, the course itself is straight forward but the surroundings and club house are awesome. It is Whistler though, so it's 2 hours min at the moment given the road works for the Olympics. +1 for Northlands, great course, hilly though but the beer dolly and her cart usually hang around the turn which helps. 30-40 mins from downtown. Fraserview is nice, worth playing. 30 mins from downtown. I quite like Langara as well, short course but...
Tour-Tempo-Secret-Finally-Revealed
Thanks for the insight boodaboy16. I have the 585.H 21 in steel and absolutely love it. My 3W is also steel and love that. I generally just prefer the extra weight of steel, lightweight graphite shafts just put me off... maybe it's a tempo thing?? I bought the 906 with graphite 'cos from reading the specs (and also no steel in the shop the UST V2 has a similar torque and kick-point to the Dynamic Gold's. Thought I'd give it a shot and see how it would go. Distance is...
Just bought a Titleist 906F2 5W. Wanted to get it with a steel shaft but they only had graphite in stock, had a few shots with it and liked it enough to buy it. Got the UST V2 shaft. After playing a few rounds with it I'd like to switch it to a steel shaft. Anyone had this done before? not necessarily the 906F2 but has anyone had a wood reshafted from graphite to steel? I presume it's a no brainer as the 906F2 is available in steel. I also assume moving from a 86...
On the backswing, you start with hands, arms and shoulders all moving together, by virtue of the fact that the human body is articulated the hips will automatically turn to follow that shoulder turn. You don't actively rotate your hips on the backswing, it all happens. Note you must keep your right leg braced, it almost doesn't move on the backswing, it's the left leg that kicks in a bit to accomodate the maneuver. At the top of your backswing, your right left is bent the...
Sorry to steal this thread slightly but can't find this info anywhere. The 906F2 18 degree is 42.5" in length. Anyone know the length of the 18 degree in steel? it's not on the titleist site I assume it's 42"?
39-40 on medium sized greens, I use a Scotty Newport 2. I normally hit 5-6 three putts a round. In short my putting sucks my best ever is 34, my worst 42. I should really be better but I don't practise it that much, maybe 15-20 mins every two weeks. Oh, and for some reason I always seem to three putt when I manage to get a GIR
OK, not exactly the cheap option but worth adding the Mizuno's MP-57's to your list. Had a look at them the other day in the local golf store and they look quite nice. They are basically cavity backed forged blades. I didn't hit them but from what the guys were saying they are quite forgiving but look like a muscle back at address which is what you are looking for.
Nothing wrong with a push like that, Ben Hogan would be proud you need to rotate those wrists more at impact to square the clubface up. A push of 20 degrees with a square clubface will get you a nice push draw... which looks cool and will get you more distance over trying to hit it straight (or at least more straight as no one can consistently hit the ball straight, most tour pro's have a slight push draw to there swing). Also noticed that your plane on the backswing is...