or Connect

Posts by ditchparrot19

Except for warm-up purposes on the first tee, I never take a practice swing prior to a full shot. I want to and I think my scores would improve if I did, but I cannot make myself do it. It's a psychological hangup. The few times I've forced myself to try, they've been half-hearted half-swings just to get them over with as quickly as possible.   For one thing, I'm worried about "wasting" a good swing without a ball. For another, I'm in a hurry to get to the "real deal"...
 Hate courses like that. I'll play them once (or maybe more than once if I play for free every time), but I won't pay. I just don't care for the whole concept.
I was against this for years, but slowly came around to the concept after umpires continued to butcher one important call after another that could easily be corrected through a review. Now an expanded version has arrived and I like it a lot!   I just watched the Cubs-Pirates opener on ESPN, which included an overturned call on a pickoff play in the top of the 10th. The Cubs' Emilio Bonifacio was clearly out, but was originally ruled safe. Umpires have long ruled in favor...
 You could put Perez and Na on parallel courses playing alone, and Perez could re-tee four or five times during the round and still be finished with lunch before a clean-playing Na putted out on 18. Perez is lightning-fast and will easily make up for one re-tee situation.
If you did an honest assessment of your game, what would you pinpoint as the strongest and weakest aspects?   Sand play is definitely my greatest strength. I have no fear of bunkers and prefer being in them as opposed to some other places around greens (such as facing even a slight downhill chipping lie). I'm better out of the sand than anybody I regularly play with, including guys with handicaps considerably lower than mine. I'm at 45 percent on sand saves since I...
 Yeah, I see the point you're driving at. With that concept in mind, it's all but impossible to hit a baseball with maximum power with a forward COM because of the plane the bat must travel along. Maybe on an outside pitch that's barely off the ground, but you can't hit that pitch with max power under any circumstances.
Numerous great baseball hitters hit almost entirely off their front side with no re-shift to the rear after the fact. Frank Thomas was one, and Ernie Banks was an even more extreme example.   Never any absolutes in these things.
I recently discovered this channel on my cable system that airs nothing but old TV programs. I'm a big fan of Westerns, and Bonanza and The Big Valley are on back to back every afternoon.   For those of you old enough to have watched the shows, who do you think would win a gunfight between Heath Barkley and Little Joe Cartwright? They were both real fast, but I think I'd lean toward Heath because of an overall calmer demeanor.   How about a debate between Jarrod...
 Oh, by miles.
Pittsburgh Pirates – I was 7 years old when they played the Orioles in the '71 World Series and I became absolutely enthralled with Roberto Clemente. A little more than a year later, when that relief plane bound for Nicaragua went down, I refused to believe he was dead because his body was never recovered. Probably took me about a year to accept it.   College football – USC   NFL – I was a huge Cowboys fan as a kid (I used to cry when they lost regular-season games),...