or Connect

Posts by FrankfurtDave

I see that this is quite common when it comes to players irons. It seems that there are alot of people who play a blade/less forgiving iron in the scoring clubs and then switch to something more forgiving for the long irons.   I personally use the Mizuno H4 for 4 & 5 iron and then go to MP-64 for the 5-PW and from Mizunos point of view this was largely what they expected as they only actually release the 3,4 and 5 irons in Europe.   I think as long as you match...
  I am a 16,1 after 18 months or so and as stated in my own thread have been looking for an upgrade on my burners. I went for the fitting today and found that the MP-64's were absolutely beautiful to play with and would def recommend them based on my feeling this morning.   I tried the I20, AP2, JPX 825 Pro and the MP-64's.   The I20 was lovely and easy to hit with good distances the only problem was that, for me, it did not seem to give the feedback that I was looking...
Well I just came back from a fitting and for me the Mizuno MP-64s were the clear winner and will be my next set of clubs.   Using the DNA optimizer we checked shafts and came to the conclusion that the PX 5.5 was the best shaft for me and then I tried the I20, AP2, JPX 825 Pro and the MP-64's.   The I20 was lovely and easy to hit with good distances the only problem was that, for me, it did not seem to give the feedback that I was looking for and did not seem to...
Very interested to read your post as we sound very similar in terms of current position. I also did not play for about 15 years and got addicted again in Sept 2011 and ended this season at 16,1.   I am currently thinking about replacing my Burner 2s for a better set of irons (I was thinking MP-53's, JPX 825 Pro or MP-64) as I feel that the Burners hide bad hits and will make it difficult to really improve my ball striking further. I also found that they were not...
I am planning on going for a fitting of new irons in the New Year and in searching for appropriate places I have the choice of a local simulator version or a 2 hour drive to a range/trackman solution   Hence wondered whether people trust fitting centres with simulators or whether they would only get fitted at a place where you can see the real ball flight?
Hi All,     First off a bit about myself. I really took up golf Sept 2011 and got fitted for a set Burner 2.0s. At that time I was a 54 handicap (starting point here in Germany) and at the end of this season I am 16,1.   I tend to hit the ball very well with irons but would say that I sweep too much with my longer irons and have a slight fade. I think realistically my iron play is akin to a 12 HCP it is my putting that is letting me down.   I am thinking of...