or Connect

Posts by keeps21

Does Westwood's chicken wing mean he can get more shaft lean as his the shaft isn't anchored to where his shoulder is? (if that makes sense). It looks as is forearm can be angled more towards to the right due to the bent elbow giving a greater flying wedge? (And possibly even more secondary axis tilt?) Does this benefit him at all? If he didn't have a chicken wing and hit the ball with the same amount of shaft lean as he does with the chicken wing would the ball flight be...
Re the height of the shots...   For a straight push you're swinging in to out with a club face that is square to the swing path.   For a hook the club face is closed to the swing path which delofts the club face.   So... as a square (to the swing path) club face has more loft than a closed (to the swing path) club face, the straight pushes you were hitting will have had a typically higher ball flight than your pulls / hooks.     I think the same goes for a pull,...
 No problem. :-) Hopefully it helps a little. Thanks very much! :-)
I'm not sure how this will affect other parts of your swing but try a weaker grip. A strong grip can promote a cupped wrist at A1. The first thing James had me do when I started with Evolvr was to weaken the grip to help get rid of the cup at address as it was throwing things off at A4.       Here is that lesson from James as he explains things a little better in there:      Hope that helps.
Just to second this, I used to cup my wrist. I now feel like I must look like Dustin Johnson now when I swing, I don't, but my wrist is now flat. Try to really exaggerate bending your wrist down (dorsiflexion?) Rather than cupping.Doing this into a mirror really helped me as you can associate what you're feeling with what's actually happening - instant feedback.
Another couple of videos.   Apologies for the length of them (both still under 5 minutes) this is a full half hours practice session - with practice shots removed.   I have however left in some drills to show how I'm practicing (some preset weight forward swings, pumps from the top and some Hogan feeling - there's a gif on an earlier page - and a Mac O'Grady drill too - also on an earlier page and some extended pauses at the top).   I was trying to get better...
Let's go Rangers!
Now managed to get a couple of videos tonight.   Front on suggests key #2 is my priority       Down the line would suggest key #1 as my head dips quite a bit. Looks like a push (which is my miss when I don't hit it fat)    
Having not play for 18 months or so I'm getting back into golf again. Will have an update as soon as my phone tripod mount arrives (should get 120fps with my Galaxy S5 so the videos should be much clearer).   I'm trying to put in at least half an hour practice a day with video (can't see ballflight).   This is just an update (for myself as much as anyone else) to regroup my thoughts and videos.   This is a playlist of my (7) lessons showing where I got to with Evolvr...
Just trying to get something straight in my head and probably worded this so it makes no sense at all (and I'm probably overthinking things).    One of James' comments is in this video at about 3:35 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t_wM5nGU20) is to close your feet and shoulders.   What's the difference between a closed stance (by this I mean aiming the clubface at the target and then closing the stance  at address) and a closed clubface (aiming right of the target...