or Connect

Posts by ay33660

I think I am in the minority here but I buy from my golf pro at my home course almost 100% of the time. This includes clubs, apparel, shoes, bags, golf balls etc. I like the personal touch that my golf pro gives me. All the clubs are fitted and they use the latest video and launch monitors to fit me. He is also the pro that I go to for lessons so he knows my swing well. I also know that I am getting the real deal. No internet shopping for me ever. I don't even like to...
In my opinion I would be surprised if it is still marketed in two years from now.   I would rather spend the money on lessons with a pro and track the stats on my score card.
 I guess in my area things are different. There are no 9 hole rates for the front 9 in the mornings. There are twilight rates of course. The drop off factor is nearly zero (unless someone in the group can only play 9). For those that only want to play nine holes in the morning there are special back 9 only rates. But the times are very limited as they are squeezed between the maintenance staff finishing and the front 9 groups hitting the back nine. But a drop off rate of...
 This part " ... the club is privately owned and they can set their rates at whatever they want" is all that has to be said. Why should they charge less if there are more than enough people willing to shell out $400 or more to play the course. There are courses for every budget and the efforts of the USGA to showcase lower resource /  lower cost courses will trickle down to them as golfers may now be swayed away from those pristine manicured courses as being better. That's...
 Seems it should be the other way around but it is true. Humid air is less dense. Another factor that may be in play is that your body is more limber and loose with the higher temperatures and humidity. I know that is generally the case for me in getting longer distances.
 I find this to be contrary to my understanding of golf club operations. The vast majority of the courses I play at encourage the players to spend time and money in their restaurants. I am not in the golf business so I will defer to those that are in the business.
 You obviously play at a much higher class of courses then I have access to. I am in Vancouver BC and out of 40 or so courses in the area I can only say maybe two or three (Shuksan Golf Course in Washington and Big Sky Golf Course in Pemberton) have access to such a service in their carts. I'm sure there are more but I think they are still in the minority. Even the private club that I belong to doesn't have GPS on their carts let alone a call in service. I can also tell...
 Fourputt it is evident from your post that you work as a starter or in some other capacity on a golf course. I would be curious if the management at your golf course is of the same opinion. It has been my experience that most golf courses encourage players to spend money on the course either in the club house or pro shop. An attitude that the course itself is not to take any responsibility to ensure that players can purchase food at the turn and to keep up the pace seems...
   Interesting comments: 1. I have never seen any sign or comments on a score card specifically warning about the maintenance of play when stopping for a snack and/or washroom break at the nine. In fact most of the time I see signs or comments reminding golfers to avail themselves of a snack or drink at the turn. I am not saying they don't exist just that in my personal experience I haven't noticed it. 2. Most courses have a separate line or area or even kitchen that just...
 So my question is what if it was the service staff at the turn that was taking too long to get a simple hot dog and drink. What if they can't do it within 5 minutes. Who fault is that????? Would the course management and therefore you as the starter work to ensure that the players get to continue on. After all how is it their fault if the course staff cannot tend to the players in a timely manner. I don't think it is unreasonable for one to expect to be able to purchase...