or Connect

Posts by ay33660

Herein lies the rub. Everyone wants the savings but don't think about the impact big box stores have on their local stores. Local stores just cannot compete with the purchasing clout of big box stores. Most people don't realize that distributors and manufactures can be hurt by big box stores. A friend of mine owned a nice small (200 employees) manufacturing company. He was thrilled when Costco agreed to stock his product across North America. The first shipment was...
 Perhaps the word "chain store" may be better to describe GG and Golfsmith. I wish more people would support their locally owned stores. I can honestly say I have never set foot in stores like Walmart and I hope that I never will. It absolutely makes me sick to see the impact just one Walmart does to local stores. I am not a leftist by any stretch of the imagination in fact I am as right wing as they come. That doesn't mean I support businesses like Walmart. Interesting to...
 Agree 100% with you. I have NEVER buy anything on-line. Don't want to. Just hate people that go and get all the advise from a local retailer and then shop on-line for a few $$$ savings. Do they think the retailers work for free? Why chase a deal for a few bucks when there is a possibility that you will be buying a counterfeit product. Exactly why I purchase my golf gear ONLY from my golf pro. It is well worth the money. 
 I think I am in the minority here but I buy from my golf pro at my home course almost 100% of the time. This includes clubs, apparel, shoes, bags, golf balls etc. I like the personal touch that my golf pro gives me. All the clubs are fitted and they use the latest video and launch monitors to fit me. He is also the pro that I go to for lessons so he knows my swing well. I also know that I am getting the real deal. No internet shopping for me ever. I don't even like to...
In my opinion I would be surprised if it is still marketed in two years from now.   I would rather spend the money on lessons with a pro and track the stats on my score card.
 I guess in my area things are different. There are no 9 hole rates for the front 9 in the mornings. There are twilight rates of course. The drop off factor is nearly zero (unless someone in the group can only play 9). For those that only want to play nine holes in the morning there are special back 9 only rates. But the times are very limited as they are squeezed between the maintenance staff finishing and the front 9 groups hitting the back nine. But a drop off rate of...
 This part " ... the club is privately owned and they can set their rates at whatever they want" is all that has to be said. Why should they charge less if there are more than enough people willing to shell out $400 or more to play the course. There are courses for every budget and the efforts of the USGA to showcase lower resource /  lower cost courses will trickle down to them as golfers may now be swayed away from those pristine manicured courses as being better. That's...
 Seems it should be the other way around but it is true. Humid air is less dense. Another factor that may be in play is that your body is more limber and loose with the higher temperatures and humidity. I know that is generally the case for me in getting longer distances.
 I find this to be contrary to my understanding of golf club operations. The vast majority of the courses I play at encourage the players to spend time and money in their restaurants. I am not in the golf business so I will defer to those that are in the business.
 You obviously play at a much higher class of courses then I have access to. I am in Vancouver BC and out of 40 or so courses in the area I can only say maybe two or three (Shuksan Golf Course in Washington and Big Sky Golf Course in Pemberton) have access to such a service in their carts. I'm sure there are more but I think they are still in the minority. Even the private club that I belong to doesn't have GPS on their carts let alone a call in service. I can also tell...