or Connect

Posts by ay33660

Quintero is a great course.
 Well having a six hour round as pointed out by jamo could force them to enforce it perhaps ????????????
 Yes we do. We discuss a lot of things that may go against what has always been done in the game of golf. We discuss why you should not get relief from divots, why OB is not just a drop without the distance penalty etc. Just as this is a discussion board our group discusses a lot of stuff that involves taking golf further from its roots. Sometimes we actually see golf change like the new rule on when a ball moves on the green after a player has addressed it. And your point...
 Ok you got me it was badly worded. I want golf to not have the influence of a caddy within the field of play just like tennis match that do not have coach's in the courts. Only the players should be in the field of play. This applies to doubles in tennis and foursomes in golf. Let the athletes compete by themselves without their coaches, caddies etc in the field of play. Much better now. Do you think there should be caddies?
 Why should? - in my opinion I want to see the best player in terms of both physical ability and mental toughness win the tournament. If a player has a bad shot and cannot deal with it on the next few shots then I want to see that, I don't want to see the influence of a caddy calming him down. Again this is my opinion being expressed here I am sure you will have a different opinion. Yes you are correct that caddy's lining up shots is not exclusive to the LPGA but it just...
 The PGA could control that by assess pace of play stroke penalties. My point is that golf should be an individual sport just like tennis. Coaches, caddies etc should not be involved in the field of play. I know this would never happen but this is a discussion board. It is something my golf group discusses on a regular basis. Especially when it applies to the LPGA where the caddies even line up their shots ?????????? WTF the pros cannot even line up their own shots.
 Personally I would like to see ALL professional tournaments like that !!!!!!!!!!!! If they can't carry the bag then allow the use of a push cart. If their play is diminished because of getting tired from carrying or pushing their bag then tough ............ it is an athletic event isn't it. Why should the pro golfer have someone there to calm them down after a bad shot or to guard them against a bad decision. Tennis players are on their own when they are playing. Why not...
Agreed the women were really slow too. I think if the penalties for slow play were applies more then the coaches would get more involved and work on improving the speed of play for their players. I mean why isn't speed of play part of coaching just as swing mechanics etc. PS at least with the women sometimes I don't mind if the camera has to linger longer .... thermal nuke flame suit on.
Watch about 30 minutes of the championship last night. Couldn't watch beyond that.   The amount of time taken on the greens over each putt.   I think it was the Pierce / Hoey match.   The Pierce guy took forever over each putt, shot etc.   Just couldn't watch any more.   Hey I get it's the championship and all that but really how much time does it take to read a green.   If these guys continue to play like this when they are in the PGA then I will end up...
Was in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago.   The good thing that GolfNow has accomplished is to push all the courses to provide internet booking.   I booked great tee times on the JS Merriott Wildfire Palmer course and on the Dinosaur Mountain course at Golf Mountain. In both cases I was able to get the same deal as the Golf Now price by booking directly with the golf course. So by doing that it was actually cheaper because I don't have to pay the booking fee.   I do...