or Connect

Posts by ay33660

Or combining snow boarding with golf .......  
 Thank you very much for the suggestions. If you ever venture up to Vancouver I would be pleased to host you at my club The Vancouver Golf Club.
 Big C I noticed you are from Long Beach. I will be there in a month visiting my wife's family. Can you recommend any good courses in the area? Up to $100 per round would be the highest I would like to pay. Thanks,
Man I am so jealous of all you guys that have access to nice courses for such a low annual cost.   Up here in Vancouver golf, like everything else, is extremely expensive.   I figure that my costs for just golf (not including food, clubs, balls etc) are $5,000 annually for my club.   This would include the monthly golf dues, bag storage, golf services and range fees.   That doesn't include the opportunity costs on the initiation fees.
I have been a member of private club for over 15 years.   There is nothing better than not only having a regular group of guys to play with but also getting to play with other members of the club.   During the slow times I can go out by myself if I want to practice for a few holes.   I will always be able to find a game during busy times if I am not playing with my regulars.   It is such a habit for me to head out to the club every weekend morning that I go there...
 Good to know I am statistically different. Are your statistics indicating that regardless of ones handicap distance is the most important factor to improvement? For sure I am placing all emphasis on my experience only as I am not a teaching professional so I only have my own journey to draw on. I have to remember to avoid making general comments on golf as it is certainly not an area of expertise for me. I agree that my banana slices were certainly not a good strike at...
  Absolutely correct. My first instructor was all about the perfect PGA swing. He wanted me to swing just like a Pro and he did not take into account that I had neither the flexibility nor height of the average Pro. After 5 or 6 lessons I did not see any improvement so I stopped going to see him. A few years later my girlfriend wanted to start golfing so she was introduced to a lady Pro. I watch a few of the lessons and I really liked how the Pro was working to develop a...
Probably going to cause a sh** storm here.   I think if you are a 30+ handicapper trying to get to a 20 handicapper then overall accuracy is more important than overall distance.   When I was a 20+ handicapper I had a massive slice. I was rarely in the fairway and took lots of lost balls and penalties.   My drop down to 20 was mainly due to the correction of my slice and a massive improvement in my handicap was due mainly to keeping the ball on the fairway or at...
My son has been a junior member at my club since he was 6 years old.   He has had lessons and/or coaching for over 10 years now.   He has only had two different coaches in that time.   Both of them have told me they are teaching the kids how to get club head speed (distance) first and then once they have club head speed they will dial them back for accuracy.   Maybe some of the teaching pros here can comment on whether or not this is a legit teaching technique for...
 Really ..... hey I thought I was special. I have 7 different sets of irons in my closet right now ranging from Hogan Apex forged to TaylorMade CBG R7 Max irons which I believe to be the most forgiving super GI irons ever made. I am perfectly capable of working the ball with all 7 different sets of my irons .......... I can shank, hook, slice or top any and all of those clubs.