or Connect

Posts by PiKapp23

While working on your trajectory and creating additional spin, start playing to the front of the green distance instead of middle (usually take about 10+ yards off middle distance for front) or work on controlling the bump-n-run shots to let it hit short of green (when carry is not forced). I play with a guy who hits it very low but he simply plays to front or even 10+ yards short of green for his shots and has some success.
I'm not real picky overall, but have a few things I do not like. If a course has a lot of blind tee shots (especially blind 2nd shots) and lots of sidehill fairways I am probably not going to like it. Among my favorite courses would include 'target golf' courses, links 'style' courses and mountain courses. As long as the course is fair and gives some options I do not mind it. In most cases I would prefer the rough not be too tall and thick unless the fairways a pretty...
While it mostly depends on your swing speed and launch angle, you'll probably want to avoid any of the 'premium' balls because they are not designed for distance due to the softer cover. You'll want a ball with a firm cover and higher compression, and most likely a 2 piece. Something along the lines of the Pinnacle FX Long. With a faster swing speed a harder compression ball with firm cover will launch lower and with less spin, thus rollling out a lot. A lot of the balls...
I've had a lot of rounds over the years that fit into that category as well as the oppsite (good score, but played bad). If I feel like I hit the ball well and just missed putts or got bad lies or just felt like I got some bad bounces then the score is irrelevant However, on those days where I played badly but got lucky breaks (ball hitting tree and ending up on green type things), made lots of long putts or holed chips then I just don't feel like the score indicative of...
Rain never stops me from playing. In fact, some of my best rounds have been played in rain. Lightening is another story, obviously.
Any of those sets you mention are fine choices for what little we know about your game. The main thing is to go with the clubs that you feel confident in. I really like the Mizuno MX-200's as I think they are great all around clubs. They might technically be less forgiving than the other sets you mention, but in reality that might be better for you if you are really going to work at getting better. A smaller sweet spot is better if you want to work at it because it helps...
Just based on your swing speed you should probably look at the Cobra S9 first. It's comes with a light shaft and they have models specificly deisgned for different swing speeds. The STR8-Fit is also worth a look, but make sure to look for the one with the 59 gram shaft. The nice thing about it is that you can adjust it if your swing changes a little and you need some correction. It's almost like owning more than one driver. I am very happy with the one I own, though I have...
Yea, I think I am suffering because of course slopes being too low. I normally play a local course several times throughout the season that has a high slope and rating (70ish/135) and score around 80-83 just because it fits my game well. This year I haven't played it much but instead have played a couple courses that seem to have slopes that are much too low (including a CC designed by Donald Ross that has a slope of 118 that is ridiculously low for that course based on...
If you have a retail store (or club fitter) with the Taylor Made fitting system onsite you can probably go there and try the same head you are playing with some different shafts to see how they react (hopefully on a launch monster). They would probably charge you some nominal fee for this, but at least that would help you ensure you're getting the right shaft for you. The TM fitting carts are not as common as some of the other manufacturer systems, though. Call your local...
Late last year I picked up a Heavy Putter used at Golf Galaxy and gamed it for about 3 weeks (4-5 rounds). I loved it for short (10 foot and in putts on flat green), but absolutely hated it on long putts or those downhill or big breaking putts. I had not feel with it whatsoever. I was really disappointed because it was so great for those shorter putts. The Mid Weight models might be a little better because of a better weight distribution throughout the putter. I would...