or Connect

Posts by PiKapp23

I use an interlocking grip and when I play a lot the pinky on my right hand starts to hurt. I played 36 holes one day and 18 the next and my finger did hurt pretty good by the end.
Over the years I have bought a lot of used clubs from '2nd Swing Golf', 'Golf Galaxy' and 'Play it Again Sports'. I have gotten some good deals, although I do it more because of return policy on used clubs. Unlike new you can return used clubs within a period (usually 30 days) for full price or at least full credit and this allows me to truly try the clubs on the course over a few rounds - makes all he difference in the world. I have found lots of clubs for great prices in...
I bought my MP-60's last winter and was in the middle of deciding between the 57's and the 52's. I really preferred the 57's as far as feel was concerned, but at least on simulator I consistently had a better ball flight with the 52's - slightly longer and a little lower trajectory. I didn't buy immediately because I couldn't make up my mind, but then these MP-60's became available and I preferred them to both of the others in every respect. I think I would have been happy...
After playing for 20+ years I finally got my current set of irons fitted. They are 2* upright and I had the 6 iron weakened 1* and hte 5* strengthend 1*. The lie angle change has made a big difference in my ballstriking.
It's not unusual for driving ranges to move the distance markers in to accomodate the issue of the range balls not flying as far.
Outside of the cost issue, the only other major issue I see is that the course is still almost 30 minutes away. If it was 10-15 minutes down the road you would probably be more inclined to use the practice facilities more often (or even play a quick 9 or so). That's been one of the things that keeps me from joining a club - none close enough to me to be convenient. Personally, I also enjoy playing a lot of different courses and would end up doing so whether I was a...
I found the same thing. I just found I had to use their abbreviations for this purpose. I used to just mark it using one of their names, then I would update it using the desktop software later, but now they do not have that software anymore so you can not edit on your computer - very annoying - and, according to the support guy I talked to, that ability is not coming back anytime soon.
I won't go into swing advice simply because I do not know your swing or your overall game, however I would highly recommend you look into a hybrid or 2. A few years ago I finally sucked in my ego and bought a hybrid to replace my 2 iron and was blown away how much easier it was to hit. Then I bought a 4H and now I even carry a 5H. They are longer off the tee than irons with a higher trajectory (and easier to control) and they are not even worth comparing to irons off turf...
My friends and I are probably not average, but we typically play about 10-11 months out of the year. The last few years February has been the only month we have not been able to play (due to snow or sub-freezing temperatures). The weather has been surprisingly mild the last few winters. Most courses are open unless there is snow on the ground or some other extreme weather condition. If you're a die hard like we are you'll be able to play almost every week for at least 10...
If nothing else you're in luck with golf in Cincinnati. We have a lot of good public courses that are not too expensive. Check out this link for a list of most of the courses: www.cincigolf.com Additionally, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis, Lousiville and Lexington, KY are all within drive distance for golf and also have great golf courses. I have played the vast majority of public courses in Cinci and a lot in those outlaying areas as well. In the Mason area there...