or Connect

Posts by PiKapp23

I think it's a good way to retail 'muscle memory' and keep you swing somewhat grooved, but it's not perfect practice because you can't actually see the ball flight and the mat prevents you from getting the good feedback that hitting off grass does (in the form of a divot). If you are a good, consistent ballstriker on the course then this might be fine (at least to some degree) because you can probably tell a lot about your ball flight from the feel of contact - aka...
The 57's are going to be more forgiving and have a little large blade which also contributes to them being a little more forgiving. The 32's are more bladelike than the 57's and are going to be more 'workable', although for most high handicap golfers that's not a good thing because 'workability' can easily be translated to 'sliceability' or 'hookability' unless you have a good, consistent swing that almost always strikes the ball on the sweet spot.It might be worth...
While I would not normally say to get a new club, in this case at this time it might be cheaper to buy new. Go someplace where you can get fitted for driver and shaft together - not just one head with a different shaft - you want to be fitted for the two components together as not all heads and shafts work together exactly the same (make sure to pay attention to head loft as well). Prices have come down so much on new drivers that it will probably not be much more and...
I would also highly recommend choking up on driver or having it shortened. The modern driver has a shaft that is much longer than they used to be, which in theory can result in more distance. In reality this makes the driver much harder to control. By choking it you increase your chance of hitting the sweet spot and effectively stiffen the shaft which makes controlling it much easier. Many people have even gone so far as to have the shaft cut down to less than 45" and most...
The next logical step is to try choking up on driver by at least 1-2 inches and try swinging more controlled. If you can hit it 10 yards past your 3H in the fairway then that's at least something. Most players hit the ball much better by choking up on driver (or even having shaft cut down to under 45"). Doing this shortens up the swing making it easier to hit the sweet spot on the driver (it's not just a myth...) and also effectively stiffens the shaft, making it easier to...
See my signature. I have contemplated dropping the 17* hybrid for a 60* wedge or a 20* hybrid, but haven't made up my mind.
I believe the only difference is in the core compression - the core in the e7+ has a firmer core. They both have 330 dimples and seem to have same dimple pattern. It's possible that the mantle layer may also be a little firmer, but I'm not sure. The cover material is also the same.
While I can't compete with 16 lost balls and this is probably not the most I have ever lost anyway, it's interesting none-the-less. Last year I played this country club course. The previous year there had been a bad drought so they had overseeded the rough very heavily late in the fall. With lots of rain early in the spring we played there in April and the rough was the thickest, deepest I have ever seen because they still had not cut it for the first time. I was a little...
I have done this a few times when playing by myself. I will not let myself hit driver on any hole and primarily only use hybrids/irons off tee (one time I did allow myself to use 3 wood off par 5 tees). I found it to be great practice in this way. On most holes it still left me hitting a longer iron into greens than I would normally hit. On one slow weekday at a course last year I played 2 balls - one from tips and one from women's tees. That was fun. I ended up scoring...
Adams A0x series of hybrids might be the easiest for a high handicapper that I have seen. They are very forgiving and easy to hit. The new A07 is the most forgiving yet, but the A02, A03 and A04 are also very forgiving. The Cleveland hybrids are also pretty easy and Nike Sumo hybrids are also well liked. Your best bet is just to try as many different models as possible and see which you like best (avoid those that emphasize words such as 'tour', 'workability' and...