or Connect

Posts by PiKapp23

First step is to get your shoulders parrallel to the slope if at all possible, then treat it as a flat lie, swinging along your shoulders with your normal swing. The only other change I usually make is to play the ball back in my stance a little bit. When you get your shoulders level with ground this becomes a much easier shot. It will still come off a little lower, so it might be necessary to club down a bit, but that's something you'll usually figure out more from...
Folded up the smallest pull cart available are the Clicgear 2.0, Sun Mountain Micro Cart and the Bag Boy Mini GT. All fold down to pretty small dimensions (all within an inch or 2 of 24" x 16" x 12"). If I am not mistaken the Bag Boy Mini GT has a release to make it easy to take the wheels off easily and quickly.
For the poll I said "White", but that's just because the players I play with want to play from those. Personally, I go based on length and/or course slope rating. I prefer something around 6300 yards with a slope around 128+. If the yardage is under 6300 yards from white, then I look at the slope to choose my tees. For most courses I do not want to play more than 6500 or a slope over about 135 unless I am playing by myself or with another player who is pretty good. The...
Also, check out the Ci series. These are nice irons that are somewhere in between GI irons and Player irons. They are on the GI side, but still have a little smaller clubhead and more feedback. Don't get me wrong - I love my Mizuno's - but the Wilson Staff Ci's are nice irons for someone who needs more forgiveness than blades, but still prefers a more traditional look. I almost bought the Ci6's several years ago (they were the Golf Digest GI iron choice that year, whatever...
This is often the thing that keeps me playing - an ability to score well (OK, I guess) despite not playing well. The first key is short game - pitching, chipping and putting. The ability to scramble and get up and down from inside 100 yards really saves many a round. Just look at all-time greats like Tom Watson, Phil Mickelson and Tiger. When those guys are off (or 'were off' in Watson's case) they have the short game to save themselves. Part of this is never losing the...
I will not even hit any club off mats except my driver, and even it I prefer off grass. You definitely do not get a real practice experience off mats as often bad shots are 'corrected' by the mat. Even with driver there is often a problem with the fact tee height is not adjustable. Practice off gress whenever possible, preferably a good range that has grass that is at least close to fairway/tee box grass.
I am gaming a 4W and really love it. It's so much easier to hit off turf than 3W, but longer than 5W. I think it's a great club to have in your bag. I found I didn't really need the extra 10-15 yards I could get from the 3W, but didn't want to drop down to a 5W as that just left too much gap. I carry a 4W and a 2H now and am really happy with that setup.
Alrighty - I'll play. I wore black Tehama shorts, white and black striped Slazenger shirt, white and black Mizuno hat, with black belt and my black and white saddle Ecco shoes. I always think it's important to match (at least to some degree). I also have a pair of white and brown saddle Callaway shoes and do not wear the same shoes back to back rounds so I always make sure what I wear matches the shoes that I will be wearing that day.
Lifting up before impact or sliding are both very common causes of this problem. Another is 'flipping' the clubhead past the hands at impact. You want to make sure you stay still and keep the hands ahead of the clubhead at impact. Another thing that sometimes happen when players 'slow down' their swing is their body gets a little out of sync and can cause you to over or under turn your body result in thin or fat shots (or pulls, pushes, sh**ks, etc.)
Like everything in golf, companies have to come out with 'new and improved' every year to stimulate sales. They claim a faster ballspeed and probably more control. Personally, I didn't notice any difference in the way they felt or performed, but that could be just me. Golf ball technology hasn't changed much in the last couple years, especially for non-premium balls. They will usually have some slight change in the chemistry of the cover, core, or mantel layer that for...