or Connect

Posts by PiKapp23

I recently dropped my 3W for a 4W and have been very happy. A 4W is easier to hit off turf than a 3W and longer than a 5W. To me it seems like a perfect combination of trajectory and length. Since I have stated playing it I have seen very little difference in length between it and my old 3W but there is no doubt it's easier to hit. Yesterday I hit it out of a fairway bunker just over the green 215 yards away - it had plenty of loft to clear the lip and was high enough that...
I think an older model of Srixon that is still being sold is for a lower trajectory as well - the Z-URC - which currently priced at something like $25 for a multiple piece, urethane covered ball.
My 17* hybrid is a TT DG S300 shaft, but I only really use it as an alternative driver seldom hitting it off fairway. I like the steel because it feels like it can control it better than graphite. Distance-wise it plays more like a 3H than the 2H that it is because of the shaft, but I really like the lower trajectory and control that I get from it for those tight driving holes.
The last several years my group plays March-January and only skip February because of extreme cold and/or snow (although I got to play this last Feb. on the last weekend). We will play as long as course is open and the temperature is above freezing. I have played a few times below freezing, but most courses around here are not even open then.
Earlier this year I shot a 59 for 9 holes and only shot that well because my short game and putting were so good. In the previous 3 weeks I had shot a 72, 78 and 80. I recovered a couple weeks later, but was so frustrated for a couple rounds there I was ready to quit - OK, not really but almost.
It's funny because I am seldom affected much by my foursome golf mates - either with how they play or their speed. If anything I often seem to play better when they are playing badly just because I tend to focus on my game more, but even then it's not much of a difference. This past Sunday the golfer who is about the same level as me that I was riding with shot 103 (probably 10 strokes worse than I've ever seen him play) and the other two guys who are lesser golfers (about...
The vast majority of the time I take it off when I take my clubs out of the car and leave it there. My bag has a putter slot that keeps it away from other clubs banging it and I don't want to mess with it all day, so I just leave it in car. I do the same thing wth driver cover since it's tall enough not to get banged by other clubs. When I was younger I lost a couple of covers to clubs because I either laid them down and forgot or they fell off and I didn't notice until...
i definitely think it's worth having. I have had mine for over a year now and love having exact distances. As a higher handicap one real advantage to it is helping you learn you distances with your clubs and then having the confidence for specific yardages that you can hit that. I know sometimes if I am unsure of a distance it affects my swing - I start doubting the distance I think it is and then do not commit completely to the swing. My distance control has gotten much...
Within the Mizuno MP line, the MP-52's are even a little more forgiving than the MP-57's.
I think getting you lie angle adjust for your swing is probably the best thing to do. If you want to try standing more upright then I would suggest lessons to help the transition easier for you. Adjusting the lie to fit your swing is an easy thing to have done (and usually pretty cheap). I'm 6' 1" and have my irons 2* upright and it made a huge difference. I had been playing standard lie clubs for years and had a tendency to catch the toe a lot because of it. I guess...