or Connect

Posts by bamagrad03

Well a lot of this is stemming from them being #1 in the computers. So I do think they're overrated.   It's not PC to put undefeated teams behind 1 loss teams, so technically, they're probably ranked correctly. But teams I think that could beat ND?   I think LSU would beat ND. I think FSU would beat ND. Oklahoma we'll get to see in a couple weeks. Southern Cal we'll find out as well. I think Clemson could, Texas A&M could. But that's the beauty of it, we get the...
Agreed. But they aren't squeaking by with one score wins like ND did against Michigan and Purdue. There's no way a team like Clemson or Oklahoma beats a Purdue team by 3 points at home.   That's why I'm saying you can't JUST look at the record. You have to look at how they win. Is ND much improved? Yes. Are they a top 7 team? No. ND's defense is winning them games right now. But they HAVE to find some offense before they can be considered an elite team. Have to.
ND lost 13 straight bowl games for a reason: you can't hide behind over ranking when you play in a bowl game. I think ND is MUCH improved this year. I really do. But they've beaten name teams this year, not good teams.   Elite teams don't win squeakers against Purdue and Michigan this year. Michigan St is garbage. And Miami gave up 50 something to KState. They only have 1 win over a currently ranked opponent: Michigan. And Michigan is painfully average this...
Les Miles isn't your problem. He's a damn fine coach. LSU has been wrecked with injuries this year. Especially on the Oline. Between that and Matthieu's antics, it really put LSU behind the 8 ball. I really like Miles and he's done a great deal while he's been down there. Just think he was dealt a bad hand this year.       Yeah, since margin of victory is no longer considered, ND gets the same credit for a 1 score win over Michigan at home as we do for a 42-14 romping of...
  Nice JUCO pickup by the Vols.
  Not to be disrespectful, because you've been quite respectful in your responses. But this reeks of years of politically correct social programming. I'm a white male. I have not even a modicum of superiority in modern society. I had to pay my way through college while many my minority peers went for free even though they were much less academically qualified. Not because they were poor, or came from a place where they couldn't succeed - but because they were minorities....
  When I first thought I was going to try out golf about 6-7 years ago, I was at the range for the first time and did this exact same thing. I was so mortified that I never went back...to any range, until now.
  So you're saying it is OK to discriminate against people, as long as they're white males. Got it.   Sorry but that's a load of politically correct BS.   Again, everything in the world doesn't have to be inclusive. And that's ok. This is like someone suing because they didn't get invited to the treehouse sleepover. If a bunch of guys want to have what's effectively a 'guy's night' without women in the club, why is that some horrific end of the world? It isn't. But...
  Why?
  But they aren't held to a higher standard because of sponsor dollars. They're held to a higher standard because we live in an overly-political correct world that has decided EVERYONE must be included in EVERYTHING, unless your club is exclusive to a protected group - then it's OK.   If Augusta was an all women golf club that regularly held LPGA events - but no men members - there wouldn't have been a single protest, a single story on ESPN, and not a single golfer would...