or Connect

Posts by Dakota Atkinson

Shot a 92 today which is solid for me, ever since I took the foot wedge out of my bag I've been shooting around 95-98 on average. Started off on fire (for me), at my home course bogeyed #1 but then nailed a 300-yard drive exactly where I wanted it, over the trees on a slight dog right par 4 to end up right in the middle of the fairway. Parred #2 (hardest hole on the course) and #3, then the bogeys started to rain down. From there, I either bogeyed or doubled every hole...
Lately I have been hitting all my irons with a straight-draw. About a month ago, I was hitting them the best I ever have but now a lot of my iron shots have a lower trajectory and a lot more spin on them. They are rolling about 10-20 yards on average in the fairway, which drives me insane because I land some well short of the green and they roll right over it.   Most of this started when I started trying to fix my slice off the tee, I started trying to swing more in...
DTL Driver and DTL 9i/6i. Driver has lots of problems, used to have massive slice now I have just about every other problem besides a slice with it. Occasional solid straight drive. Irons are usually pretty good but hitting a little thin and a little fat last few days, and pulling/pushing some. Really just not hitting very good at all right now.  Shot a 102 yesterday. Worse than my 1st day of the year.   Really looks like my follow through is short/compact,...
There are a lot of ways you can hit a slice but the biggest things that have helped me stop slicing are to make sure your swing path is in-out and get your hips all the way through the ball. I kind of tucked my right elbow into my side on the backswing to exaggerate making an in-out path at first. I say get your hips all the way through because a lot of times i hit a push and noticed the ball went exactly in the direction was facing, about 2-3 o'clock. If my swing is...
I've been Playing Golf for:​ 3 months (end of last summer, this summer) My current handicap index or average score is: 88-97 on par 72 My typical ball flight is: with longer clubs (driver/woods,3-5i), straight-hook, sometimes push a little. short irons usually straight, sometimes push The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: very inconsistent with driver/long irons. will add other videos later to address short clubs     Videos: Hit...
my opinion on the whole thing.. lance armstrong has been tested through blood and urine samples more than anyone and he's never failed a test. does that mean he didn't dope? no.. but why implement testing if you can pass all of them and still get ****ed. every elite cyclist dopes, they go after the champ because nobody cares if the guy that gets 3rd in the tour de france one year is doping, but if the same guy were to win he'd get busted as well. to be a competitive...
ive played for about 6 weeks and the first 4 weeks or so i hit a lot of fat/thin shots but now unless i lose concentration and rush a shot i make good contact every swing, i just need to hit straight instead of hooking my irons.. i hate when my approach shot lands 10 yards left of the green when i know it could've been right there lol.
hey man, ive been playing golf 3-4 weeks as well. my biggest problem is i slice about half my drives and hook about half my irons. your swing looks pretty solid from what i can see here, but im not an expert so i'll leave it to the experts to give you some tips to tweak your swing. i can't see your swing path, like if you're coming across the ball and what not, from this camera angle. just wondering though, what are you hitting into in this video? i want a way to...
im by no means a low handicapper, i just started golfing a month ago shooting over 110 on 18 but now ive been shooting consistently 88-92 on my hometown par 72 course. all i think about during my swinging is keeping my head in the same place because every time i move my head i hit it fat/thin. a month ago i was trying to fill my head with all these mechanical thoughts and i played horrible. i reach a lot of gir's just very prone to 3 putting :/
I'm a student at the University of Iowa and they've always been my favorite team since I was a little kid. The running back situation is all sorts of messed up, but we always have loads of potential so we should be fine. Solid qb, solid receivers, solid defense. I'd be happy with 8-4, 9-3. Hopefully 10 w's