or Connect

Posts by mellison24

I never understand people who choose to break the rules or pick up gimmes or whatever. I'm cool with it, as long as you don't compare to me. I have a 16 handicap and play by the rules because they're the rules. I wouldn't hit the post in a game of football (soccer to you guys) and claim a goal, so I won't do the same in golf. Tbh, as much as I keep score, it rarely matters to me aside from betting or in competitions. Usually I forget whole rounds and remember the odd...
So it turns out I already made this post AGES ago.....nerd :/
That 'rule' (i before e except after c) is actually incorrect to an extent that there are more exceptions to the rule than words that conform. It's now no longer taught in the British curriculum for Literacy for this reason :)
For sheer and pure beauty, Shailene Woodley (Hazel in TheFaultInOurStars):
Had one of those really nerve-wracking moments when I first started playing a few years ago. Got on the first tee, small crowd as the club team had tee'd off before us. I stepped up to the tee and proceeded to throw my driver about 15 yards, while the ball and tee remained untouched.....
I tend to look at the hole, then ball, then hole, then ball and finally I look at the break point. If it's a straight putt, I find I tend to look at a spot about 2/3rds toward the hole and (if close enough) I can often watch the putt go in (hopefully!) without moving my head. I tend to hole anything within 3ft, maybe 75% within 5ft and just under half my 10footers. Anything over that, I tend to struggle holing.
There are actually more exceptions to the 'I before E, except after C' rule than there are examples. Hence, it is no longer taught as part of the school curriculum in ENgland.
Just write them all down. A hacker is more likely to nick them from your computer (if you click 'please remember') than a burglar is to steal a sheet of paper in your bedside drawer.
Simply list your everyday grievances with like-minded others (hopefully with some funnies thrown in). My first major gripe: People who swing their arms too much when walking and you have to half-twerk behind them just to avoid getting punched in the nuts. Or worse, get cupped. 
COMMA!