or Connect

Posts by Warik

to a duel
Thanks all... some really good recommendations. I'm going to check out the x20s, and r7s - maybe one of the Nike sets as well. Edwin Watts says I can hit their demo irons and when I decide whichever one seems to work best for me / whichever one feels best, they'll run me through each club and see if any adjustments need to be made. $50 if they go through the whole process and I decide not to buy. Free if I buy the clubs from them. Hopefully I will have new irons...
... anybody?
The first few sites on Google say those clubs are from 1999. Even the clubs I have now are newer. Not trying to knock your recommendation or anything, but why buy used clubs with 9 year-old technology when I can afford to buy brand new ones with the latest technology?
I've been using a set of PowerBilt TPS 7.0 irons that I bought about 5 years ago. My average round is in the 105-110 range. My short game is not spectacular, but it isn't the disastrous sight I've seen with other golfers at my handicap (that is, I don't blade the ball over the green on a pitch shot, I don't hit the ground 3 inches before the ball on a chip shot and carry it 3 feet, I don't put the ball 5 feet past the hole on a 4 foot putt, etc...). That leaves my...
From golfonline.com I don't know if anyone has beaten that lately. It's the first result on Google (so it must be right! )
I have only played three rounds of golf alone in a cart with no one in front of me. I completed them in 2 hours 45 min, 3 hours, and 2 hours and 30 min. The 2 hours and 30 min round was pretty funny because the cart had a GPS system that also tracked your pace of play. I was SO FAR AHEAD of pace that it said: "TIME AHEAD --:--" on the readout. My average with my normal golf buddy using 1 cart and first off the tee is about 3 hours and 15 min.
Your problem sounds *exactly* like the issue I've been having lately. I've ALWAYS been a slicer/fatter/topper/thinner and the concept of hitting the ball left was totally foreign to me, but after reading Hogan's 5 lessons and changing my grip, my consistent mishit has been a straight-to-left hook. One point Hogan makes in his book is to keep the grip from being too tight in the right hand, which activates the muscles in the arms and up to the shoulders, which is bad for...
Tiger, and it won't even be close.
I'm about a 32. 100-105 is a decent, though disappointing day for me. 90anything and I'm on top of the world for the rest of the day.