or Connect

Posts by Odogesq

Hi, you may want to try moving the ball position back in your stance. It sounds like your swing is bottoming out before it hits the ball on the irons. I play my irons with ball in center of stance and even a bit behind that for wedges.
Thanks for the response Ernest.  Does anyone out there incorporate the orange whip into their routine and care to share their thoughts?  
Hi Everyone,   I am hoping to solicit some advice on a solid pre-round warm up routine to get in-sync and establish some tempo in my full swing prior to teeing off.  My main problem of late is that I will feel "out of sync" and/or my tempo/rhythm will be off on the front nine, only to come around on the back nine such that my score on the back nine is almost always 2-4 strokes better than the front nine.  It's almost as if it takes a minimum of nine holes for my body to...
I recently took a lesson from a local golf pro.  He teaches a specific swing patterned on Moe Norman and Iron Byron.  His basic philosophy is that Moe Norman found a way to swing a golf club in the same manner that Iron Byron was designed.  I.e., the swing keeps the golf club on the same plane throughout the swing.     This particular pro's focus is on taking a very wide stance, so wide in fact that the hips are almost locked in place.  The grip is a "baseball grip"...
Lots of good tips. For me, the easiest has been to put the ball way back in my stance, choke down on a 4 or 3 iron, and a short, sweeping swing. The ball tends to fly out low and fast.
Since I play a lot of muni courses, and mostly on weekends and in the afternoons to take advantage of the twilight rates, the greens are usually pretty thrashed by the time I take on the course.     My question is: to what extent do the rules of golf allow me to repair the greens prior to putting? I assume I can fix pitch marks and remove loose impediments in my putting line (can I even do that?).  How far can I go in ensuring that my putt doesn't fall offline by a...
  To clarify, there was a strip of concrete, about 12 inches in width, running the entire length of the fence, and further.  The poles from the chain link fence were embedded into the concrete strip at various locations along the fence.  The posts of the boundary fence were certainly not set into their own individual concrete bases.  Had the fence not been there, the concrete strip would have been there.  Seems like the consensus is that the player was entitled to relief...
For me the most frustrating shot it missing a short putt, esp. for a birdie opportunity or to save par.  Over the weekend I had two birdie opportunities where my approach shot came to rest within less than 4' of the pin, missed both of them.  The first one was just a bad read, underestimated the break.  The second one looked great, was tracking right to the hole, but hit the right side of the cup and rimmed out.  Then I converted a 20' putt for birdie late in the round,...
  I disagree as well.  He was warned several times throughout his round.  He should have picked it up.  Your comments throughout this thread seem to be a direct attack on Augusta itself.  While Augusta is well deserving of criticism, there is no way you are going to convince anyone that Guan did not deserve that penalty, that he was not repeatedly warned throughout his round, or that his group was not out of position.  
  Well, it was definitely impossible for him to hit the ball toward the green/hole because he could not get his club behind the ball without hitting the fence first.  In order to play the ball as it lied, he would have had to hit it away from the hole, along the length of the fence, and hope that it popped back toward the rough behind the green.  Either way, there is no way he could have hit the ball without his club also hitting the fence.  Alternatively, I suppose he...