or Connect

Posts by mailman

Hahahaha...yeah...very true mate Reminds me of school as well...I could never understand the kids who had to have their walkmans on at full bore to study! Actually what probably got me jealous is that most of these kids were top set kids...the bastards!   Regards Mailman
RFKFREAK, You need to keep in mind that your body lays down fat over time, which means you don't just put on a few pounds over a weekend. Also keep in mind that not everything you eat comes out of you straight away. Food will take time to digest, which will give you the impression you are putting weight on when in fact you aren't. This is why many people caution against daily weighing of yourself and if you do then do only take in to account your average over a week....
I am willing to bet everyone else left testicle that dan doesn't make it on to the PGA tour (outside of guest invites or something like that) BUT by golly isn't he doing what any one of us would absolutely LOVE to do. Living the dream of playing golf day in day out!   Even when he eventually doesn't make it he is still doing stuff that most of us would love to do and in that respect he has my respect for making this thing of his happen.   Regards   Mailman
Well  the very fact we play golf is a good indicator we all have above average will power given how regularly our will to live is tested!    Regards   Mailman
Nice one Freak :)   Id love to play bethpage at some stage before I move on to my next addiction!   Just as an aside. I've been watching a few of those "Obese: Dead within 12 months" shows out of morbid curiosity and the common theme through them is a lack of will power to make the changes required (because they have all pretty much ended up dead within a month of gastric bypass ops) and also its the people around them that keep feeding them their high calorie diets...
Hi Sam,   As the summer is over and we are now playing off the yellow tee's all of the competitions from now until March are pretty much non-qualifiers due to there always being a hole that is closed (my course is built on a flood plain).   However all of the competitions I play in the summer are full qualifying competitions AND a fair few of them are also 3/4 handicap competitions as well. This has lead to my handicap coming down to 22, although I have submitted two...
RFKFREAK,   Here some stuff that has helped me drop weight over the last 12 months and has also helped with my general fitness over all. So this is what I did to take control of my diet, my weight and my lifestyle;   1. Cut out processed food. It probably helps that I love to cook plus if you are cooking your own food you can control what goes in to your dinner AND cooking your own dinner not only saves you money but in many instances can be done faster than ordering...
Yes, nearly 32kg over the last 12 months. But this is the thing that frustrates me about Dan. Video footage is probably one of the easiest things to do these days but its few and far between AND I really want to see what kind of progress he is making through his experiment. Regards Mailman
I'm a 22 handicapper with zero chance of getting anywhere close to any kind of tour BUT I have literally hundreds of hours of video of my swing on the range and golf course and see it as a valuable part of learning this damned infernal game! :)This is also what I find slightly frustrating about this guy, the lack of video footage of his practice or game time.I'd love to see what progress he has made from the first videos I saw of him playing in a tournament from ages ago...
Thanks Lihu. Be interesting to see if he has a "pretty" range swing and then a completely different golf course swing? :)   Regards   Mailman