or Connect

Posts by mailman

Oh the other thing that I just remembered is that the shoes feel slightly larger than the sizing of the shoe. By that I mean when I wear normal sports socks it feels like a very roomy shoe, almost a half size larger kind of thing. On the other hand if I wear a good thick pair of socks then the sizing is bang on. Don't get me wrong, even with the sizing thing these are still the most stable and comfy golf shoe I've ever owned even with thin socks. So my advice would be to...
Lads and ladssess, some advice please.   I hit my Titliest AP1 712 PW about 140 yards but my Mizuno 52 degree wedge goes 100, my Vokey 56 degree wedge goes about 80 and my Vokey 60 degree wedge I use as the need arises under 50 yards. My problem is the big gap between the PW and 52 and trying to throttle back in my PW I find hard to do at the moment (trying to rectify the finer touches to my game BUT that takes time).   So should I drop my 60 and replace it with a 48...
I love my three wood! Very handy for my course where many of the fairways have water features and sand at about where my driver lands. So out comes the three wood which in all reality doesn't really lose me that much distance from my driver BUT more importantly for my handicap its a much more controllable club.   The three wood gives me options off the tee and also off the deck and to be honest I don't find it that much harder to hit off the deck to start...
Yesterday I played in possibly the wettest conditions Ive ever played in (actually, I would have been much drier going for a swim at our local pool!) the DNA's held up perfectly and certainly helped to make the round much more comfortable than what it would have been like with shoes that were water magnets!   Mind you, for the price paid for these babies they damn well had better have been water proof! :)   So there you go, if you are looking for water proof shoes then...
Dog leg left par 4 that demands accuracy off the tee otherwise you have no shot in to the green. 1st shot sliced right in to "the valley of death". 2nd shot chipped up on the the fairway in the hope of giving myself a wedge in from 140 yards BUT leaving it short with about 175 in to the green. 3rd shot shanked - lost ball. 4th drop 5th chunked in to water. 6th drop. 7th shanked - lost ball and still in same position as the 3rd shot. 8th drop. 9th fat about 20 yards BUT no...
Mark Crossfield has a very positive review up about Game Golf. This is definitely on my wish list. Regards Mailman
36 inch waste trousers because my 40 inch pair was far too big now I'm coming down in size :) Regards Mailman
Played with a plus 2 handicapper a couple months ago who put his second shot within 6 inches of the pin on one of our par 5's. That's the closest I've been to a double eagle :) Regards Mailman
On Sunday in our monthly medal competition I teed off on our first tee and imediately hit the ball all of 15 feet which ende up to the left of us on the foot path RIGHT IN FRONT of the club house (thankfully there was only a couple people around watchng!!!!:)! So I reload, fire off my drive which ends up down the left hand side of the fareway making the next shot in to the green very long! I line up my next shot, hit it fat and straight in to water! Take my next and...
Side on view. Regards Mailman