or Connect

Posts by Divot Tool

With regards to this one-plane vs 2-plane discussion, the question that will invariably come up is which one is more effective or reliable? History tells us that the major championships which are the recognized as golf's most challenging tests have been won with widely different swings. Take for example two legends of the game: Jack Nicklaus and Ben Hogan.   Arguably the best that ever lived, Jack Nicklaus employed a very upright swing to win a record of 18 majors....
For those who are planning to play in any USGA sanctioned tournament, let this be a lesson learned.   http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-equipment/blogs/hotlist365/2011/05/why-bad-things-keep-happening.html   I feel bad for the kid, but in this instance it really hurts when you don't do your homework, especially considering this was Local Qualifying.  II believe that the majority of people on this forum (equipment junkies) would have known immediately that the Vokey...
I just caught the tail end of todays broadcast from the Players on The Golf Channel after coming home from work.   Unfortunately I had to endure Brandel Chamblee's diatribe about the current state of Tigers game, how he went from having arguably the best short game to having no short game, while TGC shows footage of him chunking his wedges prior to his WD.     Hey Brandel, we get it, Tiger's hurt at the moment, we get it.  His current game sucks compared to his...
    Nicely said.  I agree, watching Tiger operate on the course during the years he was so dominant was something special.  Kinda like watching Jordan and Kobe command the court.  In retrospect, when you look at his body of work from 2005-2009 with what many will say was a fundamentally flawed swing, it makes it all the more impressive.  The numbers just don't lie despite what all the naysayers claim.  For anyone to even try to refute this is simply ignorant.  Today,...
Give the kid a break, he's 25 and just came off a thumb injury. I bet you had an incredible work ethic at that age too huh I suppose he was over-hyped when he spanked Sergio at Valhalla in singles play 5 & 4. Or when he set the birdie record at the Masters earlier this year and finished 3rd. The numbers speak for themselves.
Wow. I just recently came across these videos on Youtube. Very engaging. Enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving from Canada. Peace & Love.
I've got friends in the Lansing area and they've said many positive things about this course. I hear the greens are humongous and exceptional. I'll have to play it next time.
Questions: Do you have some tool that measures "talent"? or are you going by AWE factor? Instead of debating whether talent is nurtured or natural, ask yourself what relevance does it have in professional golf? Perhaps a definition of talent would be most useful. IMO discussing raw "talent" alone has no relevance when it comes to professional golf. The players who play week in and week out are all talented, but ask yourself what separates the top 5 players in the...
Today while playing in a best ball company tournament, I happened to come across 2 wedges on separate occasions. Strangely, both were propped up against fences; the first was a 50° Cleveland CG12 Black Pearl wedge, the latter was a run-of-the-mill pitching wedge. I turned them both into the Pro Shop immediately at the end of the round, notifying the head pro and starter who were on the premises. I know for a fact that it didn't belong to anyone in our tournament as our...
Mizuno Skintite (defunct?) and Titleist Players Gloves are both excellent. Soft, thin and durable...everything you want in a glove. Other options Titleist Permasofts and FJ StaSofts. I tend to buy in bulk when there's a sale as you can never have enough gloves.