or Connect

Posts by bjwestner

Sorry I have not posted in almost 5 weeks, have been busy at work.  My golf game is still progressing and I continue to improve.  Currently my official hc is 7.0 and it's 6.9L.  Over the last 20 rounds I have averaged 50% GIR which has been great, I continue to hit balls at least once during the week and as I continue to do that along with playing at least two rounds per week, ball striking is continuing to improve.    My priority in 2014 was short game and I have come a...
As stupid as it sounds, I find that I do not always end up setting up correctly.  By this I mean that I do not match the face of the club to exactly where I want to go with it.  I have lately started taking more time and making sure that the swing path and the face of my club is set up where I want it to be instead of just the "general direction".  I know this sounds really dumb but I guess I play really fast as do my regular playing partners and over time I've realized...
  Thanks.  Unfortunately I do not have any updated videos of my swing but I will try to have one of my friends take one during one of my rounds this weekend so I can upload it.  Something that has really helped my ball striking lately and has really helped my accuracy of my iron shots have been an adjustment I make at setup.  That change has been to make sure that my spine angle is straight with my butt out and most importantly that my spine angle is angled slightly away...
Thank you.  By the numbers, I just enjoyed the best weekend of golf I've had so far.  On Saturday at my club I shot a 79...there was more to the story than just shooting 79 though, as I've done that several times now.  I started out terrible shooting 42 on the front 9 and then on the back nine I played arguably the best stretch of golf I ever have.  I was left with a 15 foot birdie putt on number 18 that would have been an even par 36 on the back 9 if I had made it.  Of...
   Um, I believe what you created was a counter balanced putter.  Bridgestone markets their line of new putters as counter counter balanced putters. Update on the Bridgestone putter:  I could not stand that yellow grip that was way too big for my hands.  It was also going to get filthy and disgusting because it was yellow foam.  I cut it off and put a regular winn putter grip on it and I've used it in a few rounds recently and it's a great putter to use on greens that are...
I have this thread on this and golfwrx and that's it.  If that's all over the internet then you must stay on these two sites and nothing else.  Don't like it?  then don't read it.....I've gotten positive feedback and requests to keep updating from people on both sites.   I put it on two sites with the hopes that I could learn and get better/improve, especially at the beginning.  If you notice both threads are almost two years old. 
Today is two years to the day from the first time I played golf/hit golf balls.  Hard to believe that two years has gone by so fast!  This past weekend was pretty solid as I shot a personal record-tying score of 78 on Saturday.  Because the HC revision was that night, my new HC as of Sunday June 1, is 7.9.  This past Saturday's round was probably the best round I've played to date.  I had no birdies but I ended up with 12 pars (the most for me in a single round) and just 6...
Update:  Things have been going well lately and I continue to improve.  The lowest that I have went was 79 and I shot that several different times.  I happy that I finally went below 79 as I shot a 78 this past Saturday.  It was by the far the best golf I have ever played and this included 2 three putt bogeys to boot.  I had 11 GIR, 9 FIR, 34 putts and 44 strokes other than putts.  My short game is a work in progress but I am improving slowly but surely.  My hc is 8.7 but...
Another very solid weekend of golf and the weather was very nice.  I played Sat and Sun at my country club.  The club had just aerated the greens in the middle of last week.  While this is annoying I understand that it was completely necessary in fact it may have been a bit over-due.  I noticed in the last few weeks that despite near record levels of precipitation that the greens were very hard and I was told that this was due to them needing to be aerated.  Thus this made...
This past weekend was probably the best weather we've had all year long.  It was very nice out and not too much wind.  Hopefully this is a sign of things to come weather wise.  I'm up to 23 rounds played to date in 2014 and I am almost even with the pace for 2013 as through 4/18/13 I had 23 rounds played.  Comparing the stats from where I was ytd in 2013 versus 2014 is really neat.  I was not as good as ball striking at this point last year so actually par 3's were my best...