or Connect

Posts by bjwestner

Good question....I noticed this recently too and decided that I wanted to keep my PW, AW, and LW consistent as I occasionally change the iron set I'm using.  Thus all my wedges will not change and that's one less club that changes if my irons change.  I ordered a 46 degree 588 rtx cb Cleveland PW that was to my specs.  I have a 52 degree gap wedge and a 58 Cleveland smart sole wedge.  I also have a 42 degree Chipper/utility club that rounds out my wedges.  Those four stay...
I've gone from never hitting a golf ball to currently a 6.4 handicap in 2 years, 2 months, and 17 days.  I did it without lessons so far.  When I first started playing golf, I did research and it seems like most people were telling me to get lessons.  After reading a few books and thinking about things logically, I realized that until my hand/eye coordination improved so that I could hit the back of the ball consistently that I would probably not gain much from lessons...
After a round on Saturday and then a round on Sunday, both at my country club, my hc is officially at 6.4 and trending at 6.4L.  I shot 79 both rounds this past weekend.  I also made some changes to what is in the bag.  In an effort to better space out my wedges, I bought a 46 degree Cleveland 588 cb pitching wedge and a 52 degree too.  I then have a 58 degree Cleveland smart sole wedge and a 42 degree one that I really don't use that much but have kept in the bag for the...
I've always wondered why most irons sets include a pitching wedge and some include a gap wedge/sand wedge?  I prefer all my wedges to be the same not just for looks sake but also because it makes all the wedges the same just with different lofts/bounces.  I'd imagine that especially for higher handicappers that this would help and be much more consistent?    I've noticed that while many people change their irons, their wedges change less frequently usually because if it...
Update - played twice this past weekend, once on Sat and once on Sunday morning, both rounds at my country club.  I also made an appointment coming up this Thursday to meet with a former PGA golfer who works at a local golf park so I can get my Bridgestone irons bent/set to my optimal specs.  I do not know what those specs are but I guess we'll find out on Thursday night.   The greens at my club which are usually very well kept and fast had been a bit on the slow side...
 Interesting...after reading your post I realized that my scrambling percentage is actually higher than I think it is.  That's because I count any stroke with my putter as a putt, even if it's not an official putt that is on the green.  I know that usually at least once per round I am putting from the fringe or just off the green and get par which is technically a successful scramble. The reason I do this is so I can tell how I'm doing with my ball striking and how I'm...
So how is that argument any different than using that argument for the assault/rape of women?  I'm sure your not going to say that you agree and that it's the same thing, so how do you justify there is negligence on the homeowner but not the female? 
So if the house is negligent for being in the wrong spot, are women that dress in a way that attracts attention partially negligent if they are assaulted/raped?    You could use the same argument in theory, "they knew they were going to have windows broken and damage as the house is right next to the course"....."if the developer did not put the house so close to the out of bounds line then their house would not have gotten hit"
 I don't think that there's a single instance in this entire thread where anyone has talked about what the homeowner should or should not "expect".  In fact, if you read my very first post I said that whether the homeowner should accept an offer of payment is an entirely different discussion......and it is.  The discussion here is the about what the golfer should, or should not do.  It depends on the specifics of the house and it's location.  If it's a house that is on the...
 Golfindad, I like the idea but it will never happen.  That is asking a golf course to take responsibility for the shots that it's players hit.  I work in insurance and actually some of our clients are golf courses.  They do have liability insurance and are occasionally dragged in to some odd losses.  Many courses already pay sky high insurance premiums just for the risks that they are responsible for (various injuries, slips/falls, golf cart dangers, food/hospitality...