or Connect

Posts by bjwestner

FYI, I have this issue too, especially if I am on the range and hitting driver after driver too fast.  I stick my butt out too much and have an "s" in my spine instead of it being flat.  This is due to many factors including poor conditioning and my continuing to improve my set up.  Read the thread that was provided earlier.  It's a great read.
Thank you all.  I think you are right in that I am putting too much thought in this and should stick with the J40's.  I went to the range last night and had them in my bag and I remember thinking I'm hitting these fine and that I'm not supposed to hit them as far as other irons and the whole point is that they should be more consistent and more workable.
 Hello and thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it.  I've had a blast since I started playing golf and it's been fun to also continue to update this thread and look back over time to see where I was at and how far I've come. I agree with you 100%, true muscle back irons are not seen that much anymore.  The Bridgestone J40 irons that I have, are considered a players iron.  There are actually two versions of the J40 irons, one is a cavity back style and the other...
Not much has/is happening in 2015.  The weather is terrible.  I've played 3 rounds total in 2015 so far I believe and all have been in the state of VA because my club has been closed with snow covering the course.  I'm continuing to hit balls about 3 times per week.  It's not fun and is starting to get depressing.  I have missed a few weekends totally but have been able to make sure that I don't go 2 weekends in a row without playing.  I'm hopeful to play this weekend...
Hello All - I'm in a unique spot as both sets of irons that I currently have do not really fit my game currently.  I've been playing for what will be 3 years come this June.  My current hc is officially at 5.4 and I hit balls a few times a week at the range and play when I can and when the weather permits.  I have a set of TM Speedblades and Bridgestone J40 combo (3-6 dpc, 7-pw cb).   I feel like I’m in a bit of a tough spot.  I love the looks and feel of the Bridgestone...
haven't posted in a while...not much happening, still playing as much as mother nature will allow on the weekends.  Last weekend was great and the weather was fantastic on Friday/Saturday/Sunday.  I played yesterday on new years day but the greens were frozen which made scoring impossible.   I ended the season with my handicap at 5.5 and it is the same.  I continue to go to the range at least twice during the week.  I can't say that I am working on anything specifically...
I have a quick swing that I am working on slowing down and my new irons are swing weight D1 versus my old irons that were D2.5.  I can tell a difference in that the new irons are lighter.  I'd like to make them a bit heavier.  I've read online and cannot seem to get a consensus answer on adding lead tape to irons.....What about getting those Boccieri grips installed?  I'd like the feel to be a bit heavier as I believe it will help me slow down my tempo/swing a bit more...
Fantastic post.  Thank you so much.  I learned quite a bit and it now makes sense why the lower compression ball bounces more and is so hot off the putter face.  I am noticing some ballooning with the driver but mainly more side-spin with the Duo versus the B330RXS.
I know this is an older thread but I found this and was going to start a thread about this golf ball anyway and instead of that I'll just post here......I live in Maryland and it has gotten really cold lately, winter is here for sure.  Winter golf kind of sucks, but it beats not playing at all.  This is my third winter of golf and as I have improved each year, I'm no longer able to play just any ball.  I can tell the difference now with my clubs and especially my putter. ...
November 15 is the last day of handicap posting in Maryland until March 15 of 2015.  While I'm sure I'll play a few rounds in Virginia this winter where I'll have to post my scores, for all intensive purposes the season has come to a close for me as I do not believe that I will be able to play anymore rounds between now and 11/15.  The last few weeks have been very frustrating because the weather got very cold very quick and had an impact on scoring for certain.  I was...