or Connect

Posts by bjwestner

Been a while since I posted....there has been a lot of equipment changes in that time.  I know I've been guilty of making too many equipment changes since I started playing golf but I know that I made the right moves recently.  In retrospect, I liked the SLDR irons in regular flex I got earlier this year and I should have kept them instead of selling them and getting the RSI2 irons which clearly had shafts that were too weak.  I ended up getting Bridgestone J15 DPF irons...
The hard work that I am putting into my short game is definitely making a difference, although I need to work on my green side bunker play.  I've been going two to three times a week after work to work on chipping and pitching for about an hour each time.  In 2014 my year to date scramble percentage was just 20.2%.  In the last five rounds that scrambling percentage is 34.1% and over the last 20 rounds it's 29.4%.   Other than that I just keep plugging away, working hard...
  I have a feeling that Norman would probably be one of the most controversial.  I know, he choked away so many majors and underachieved, however, he won more money than anyone prior to Tiger coming on and was pretty dominant.  Someone mentioned that golfers back in the day competed against lesser competition.  I disagree.  I think the difference is not in the handful of golfers that are at the top but the depth of the field.  If you look at Tiger's main competition for...
I considered putting Hagen in the top list as I am well aware that his #3 in majors, however, my impression (and I could be wrong as I frequently am) or perception is that he is just not quite at the same level as Jones/Hogan/Nicklaus/Woods/etc.  Maybe this is the media's fault, maybe it is because his prime was so long ago, maybe I'm just wrong and he should be in the top level?  Regarding Palmer....looking at stats alone and Palmer is just one more major ahead of...
  I'm actually surprised that you believe John Daly is in, yet you don't think that Freddy or Furyk deserve to be in.  You hit the nail on the head though in that because of those that are already in, it's hard to keep those with as good or better resumes out. I like the idea of the best of the best too, but when you have people like Colin Montgomerie among others that are in, the hall of fame has already let many in that are not the best of the best.  The other problem is...
Has anyone read Bill Simmons' book of basketball where he basically ranks the greatest players of all time by pyramid level?  Great book.  It would be cool if there was a golf book like that....   Starting at the very top, the highest level would be those that are clear icons and shaped the game, changed the game, and that were at the top of the game worldwide for an extended period of time.   Bobby Jones Ben Hogan Jack Nicklaus Arnold Palmer Tiger Woods Greg...
Since Memorial Day Weekend has just come and gone, I guess we are now unofficially in "summer".  This is very good from a weather standpoint and I probably played the best 3 day weekend of golf I ever have up to this point.  It's hard to believe that on June 2, 2015, that will mark 3 years since I first started playing golf.  The time has flown by and while it seems like just yesterday, it also seems like it has been an eternity because I have put in so much work and...
forgot to mention....my bag for 2015 has been made up of the following so far:   driver:   Titleist 910 D2, 9.5 degree, regular flex shaft 3W:       TM Rocketballz Tour Preferred 14.5 degree, regular flex 5W:       Titleist 913f, 19 degree, regular flex 3 iron:   TM RSI 1, graphite shaft, regular flex 4-9i:      TM SLDR, regular flex steel shafts PW:       Cleveland 588 RTX CB 46 degree GW:      Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52 degree LW:       Cleveland 588 RTX CB 58...
The start of the handicap season (3/15) was definitely frustrating as the weather was cold for a bit and my short game was horrible.  The weather has improved though and the last few weeks I have worked really hard during the week working on pitches and chips around the green.  I'm seeing that the hard work is paying off as I am getting up and down with much more consistency.   My official handicap went up a bit and at one point it was trending to 6.0L, however, after...