or Connect

Posts by bjwestner

This past weekend was probably the best weather we've had all year long.  It was very nice out and not too much wind.  Hopefully this is a sign of things to come weather wise.  I'm up to 23 rounds played to date in 2014 and I am almost even with the pace for 2013 as through 4/18/13 I had 23 rounds played.  Comparing the stats from where I was ytd in 2013 versus 2014 is really neat.  I was not as good as ball striking at this point last year so actually par 3's were my best...
I was aware of the counter-balanced putter craze that is out there as it seems that there are more counter-balanced putter options than ever during my frequent trips to Golfsmith, GG, etc.  I stumbled upon Bridgestone's new line of putters online last week.  I did not even know that they made putters, but apparently they do and are back in the putter market for 2014 by releasing their new true balance line of putters.   I was so intrigued that I had to get one to try out...
Lots of good tips already posted....What has helped my putting has been the purchase of The Puttist almost a year ago.  Yes it's pricey but it was worth it for me as I use it just about every day as I keep it in my basement.  I can change the speed on it to roughly match the speed of the greens that I am playing.  It has improved my distance control so much and I am now able to lag putts much closer to the hole versus coming up way short and having to make a long putt to...
What kind of concepts are in the book?  Technically what are you doing now that was different before?  Can you explain what you learned/implemented from the book? 
I've played Bulle Rock last year and that place was great.  I did not pay cuz it was a company event but I know it's pricey as in north of $100.  I am willing to do it though because the course was in as good of shape as Congressional, Caves Valley, or Four Streams. I've also played Worthington Manor as well and unfortunately it is usually not in that great of condition but is a great layout and fun course. 
You could probably see steam coming out of my ears late Sunday night as it began to snow yet again in the DC area.  This was coming after a nice weekend where I was able to play both Saturday and Sunday at my country club, something that I had not been able to do all year.  I am scheduled to play in a tournament with a good friend of mine on Friday the 21st and Saturday the 22nd.  We had enough snow for the year in what was one of the coldest winters on record.  Then came...
Maryland is in the South!  That's what I always tell people to mess with them.  Originally from CT, MD is "south" to me although I would consider it mid-atlantic.  PA is northeast, no?
I had a great weekend of golf, one of the best to date in fact.  And this is considering that we are not in season and it's still winter time.  I have been going to hit balls about once a week for the last several weeks now that I found a place that I can go and hit balls no matter the weather or daylight.  It has made a noticable difference again and I've noticed that I am playing better and better.  Especially with my ball striking with my irons and my driving.  Short...
Update:  so it's been several weeks since I last posted.  This past weekend was good because I was able to play golf on Saturday and Sunday.  The weekend before I was only able to play once and I had to drive to Williamsburg just to play.  With the weather still being cold on top of the fact that when I am able to play, it is usually at courses that I have never played before or only played a few times so I do not know the courses that well.  While my driving has been...
Update:  So it had been since January 19th since I played a round of golf or hit any golf balls.  So far 2014 has been difficult as I have been lucky to play once a week and sometimes, like last weekend (1/25 &1/26) I was not able to play at all as there was snow everywhere from where I lived all the way down to Virginia Beach.  This combined with the fact that I was not hitting balls during the week was making me mad and also it made playing more difficult too as I am...