or Connect

Posts by bjwestner

forgot to mention....my bag for 2015 has been made up of the following so far:   driver:   Titleist 910 D2, 9.5 degree, regular flex shaft 3W:       TM Rocketballz Tour Preferred 14.5 degree, regular flex 5W:       Titleist 913f, 19 degree, regular flex 3 iron:   TM RSI 1, graphite shaft, regular flex 4-9i:      TM SLDR, regular flex steel shafts PW:       Cleveland 588 RTX CB 46 degree GW:      Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52 degree LW:       Cleveland 588 RTX CB 58...
The start of the handicap season (3/15) was definitely frustrating as the weather was cold for a bit and my short game was horrible.  The weather has improved though and the last few weeks I have worked really hard during the week working on pitches and chips around the green.  I'm seeing that the hard work is paying off as I am getting up and down with much more consistency.   My official handicap went up a bit and at one point it was trending to 6.0L, however, after...
can we get an update? 
 Probably because he's referring to situations where you can't use that kind of club.  I have this situation often where I have to hit a 40 or 50 yard pitch shot that usually requires me using my lob wedge because you have to carry something (i.e. bunker) but get the ball to stop quick enough on the green.  Even using a gap wedge or pitching wedge is hard to impossible because the amount of run would be too much.  So you are left with a shot where if you hit it fat at all,...
Sorry I have not posted in many weeks.  Honestly there has not been much to discuss.  The weather this winter has been terrible and I went 4 weeks in between rounds, which was the longest I went without playing a round of golf since I started golfing on 6/2/12.  I played on 2/8/15 and then did not play again until 3/8/15.  At least I have been able to play once the last two weekends as I played 3/8 and 3/15.  March 15 was opening day although it was the first day that my...
FYI, I have this issue too, especially if I am on the range and hitting driver after driver too fast.  I stick my butt out too much and have an "s" in my spine instead of it being flat.  This is due to many factors including poor conditioning and my continuing to improve my set up.  Read the thread that was provided earlier.  It's a great read.
Thank you all.  I think you are right in that I am putting too much thought in this and should stick with the J40's.  I went to the range last night and had them in my bag and I remember thinking I'm hitting these fine and that I'm not supposed to hit them as far as other irons and the whole point is that they should be more consistent and more workable.
 Hello and thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it.  I've had a blast since I started playing golf and it's been fun to also continue to update this thread and look back over time to see where I was at and how far I've come. I agree with you 100%, true muscle back irons are not seen that much anymore.  The Bridgestone J40 irons that I have, are considered a players iron.  There are actually two versions of the J40 irons, one is a cavity back style and the other...
Not much has/is happening in 2015.  The weather is terrible.  I've played 3 rounds total in 2015 so far I believe and all have been in the state of VA because my club has been closed with snow covering the course.  I'm continuing to hit balls about 3 times per week.  It's not fun and is starting to get depressing.  I have missed a few weekends totally but have been able to make sure that I don't go 2 weekends in a row without playing.  I'm hopeful to play this weekend...
Hello All - I'm in a unique spot as both sets of irons that I currently have do not really fit my game currently.  I've been playing for what will be 3 years come this June.  My current hc is officially at 5.4 and I hit balls a few times a week at the range and play when I can and when the weather permits.  I have a set of TM Speedblades and Bridgestone J40 combo (3-6 dpc, 7-pw cb).   I feel like I’m in a bit of a tough spot.  I love the looks and feel of the Bridgestone...