or Connect

Posts by bjwestner

now I'm even more confused.....   https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2014/02/09/the-hot-hand-might-real-after-all/N8V34bGLWhPqk0Sx9yoHWI/story.html
in the end there is basically one formula that reigns above all others:  more practice =/correlated to:  better golf/lower scores/etc.   watching his tv show alone does nothing if you do not practice/play
I'm not sure what thread this should be in, so I put it in golf talk - forgive me if that is incorrect.   Some of you may be familiar with the so called, "hot-hand fallacy" that applies to gambling and apparently some sports like basketball.  I'm wondering if it applies to golf, specifically if it applies to putting?   It took me a while to understand how this hot-hand fallacy applies to basketball.  I can understand it applying to gambling, but I struggled with the...
Glad to hear he's okay.  I heard this driving to the course early Sunday morning when not a lot of info was known and feared that he would die.  He's the type of guy when you take into account his past (alcohol/etc.) where I would not be surprised to hear that sort of thing.   How is the injury to a finger related to ribs/collapsed lung though? 
As someone mentioned above, I also liked the back and forth between Feherty and McCord/Faldo.  Gonna be a shame to see that go.  I can't stand NBC or FOX's coverage. 
for example, here is Langer's owgr recent golf events.....   Bernhard Langer World Number 723 BY YEAR   EventTourWeekYearFinishRank PointsWeightAdj. PointsRank After144th OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPMAJ292015T781.5011.5695thTHE PLAYERS Championship USA192015MC-0.9891-673rdMasters Tournament USA152015MC-0.9457-643rdMASTERS TOURNAMENTUSA152014T813.500.38045.14386th
Hello - I have a question that I tried to find out the answer to on my own via searching online but I have not found anything.  I'm a frequent visitor to the OWGR website and I've noticed for a while that champions tour events do not seem to count.  At first I figured that they thought it was not the highest level of competition and so on, but after thinking about it more I would argue that.  I watch plenty of champions tour on tv and many of those top level guys could...
I have not read the whole thread from the front, so forgive me if it's been mentioned already please......I just saw some ridiculous odds and a few really caught my eye at being almost ridiculous and it has me wondering if the person/people that made these odds have been paying attention to golf recently:  Justin Thomas 100/1, Danny Lee 100/1, Patrick Reed 55/1, Jimmy Walker 55/1, and the biggest head-scratcher imo is Robert Streb at 150/1.   Yet Phil who has been awful...
Update:  My official handicap is now at 3.9 and trending to 3.5L.  I'm coming off probably the best weekend of golf I've ever played.  On Saturday I shot 2 over 74, although I hit 14 fairways and had a whopping 35 putts (just 2 birdies all day).  Sunday I shot one over par 73 and had just two bogeys and one birdie.  I could not make a birdie on the front 9 on sunday to save my life as I had 5 chances within 15 feet or closer on the front 9 and made none.  I played better...
Been a while since I posted....there has been a lot of equipment changes in that time.  I know I've been guilty of making too many equipment changes since I started playing golf but I know that I made the right moves recently.  In retrospect, I liked the SLDR irons in regular flex I got earlier this year and I should have kept them instead of selling them and getting the RSI2 irons which clearly had shafts that were too weak.  I ended up getting Bridgestone J15 DPF irons...