or Connect

Posts by luggage

JML:yuck back surgery how old are you guys?......Longevity offers rewards and challenges.  Just pray you get the opportunity.
Good feedback and I'll try to apply when I get back out on the course.  I really think that I on scoring well (which is important) but failed to realize that as a weekend golfer (when I was playing) I need to relax and enjoy the experience for what it is rather holding myself to a standard that was a little unrealistic.  
I sincerely apologize for being so sensitive regarding the input to my memory question.  But it has always plagued me since I was in my 30's and 40's.  I always wrote it off to obsessing on my total score.  I realize this is not a healthy way to approach the game and I just need to figure out a way to not let the focusing on my score interfere with my shot making.  I have enough challenges to make a good swing without adding anything.  This is why when I was playing,...
I have not talked to my doctor about this but perhaps I should.  I ask what is apparently an absurd issue like this if I thought it was an insignificant matter.  I don't know if I have been so concerned about not scoring badly that I block out the reality of the moment.  But clearly I should not have asked a question concerning what appears to be a subject considered so ridiculous.  
I am probably one of the few that will admit that sometimes I forget how many strokes I have made.  I think for a long time when I was playing regularly with friends we wouldn't keep score and just focus on making good swings.  Or maybe that is just an excuse.  But honestly sometimes I forget how many times I have hit that darn ball.  I know there are gadgets/clickers that can help but I may forget to click the clicker. Ha Ha.  Seriously it can be awkward when playing...
Thanks for the input. I have another question.  Somewhere along the way I picked up a Nicket 3DX Iron wood 2/17 degrees.  I think I probably bought it when I first read about hybrids.  What is the difference between this club and say a 17 degree Adams wood?  Additionally, given the ambiguity associated with the term "average golfer", about how far should this club hit the ball, assuming a good swing?  
I am 69 yrs old, retired from Army and recovering from back surgery.  Can't do anything abut the 69 (I never apologize for living longer) while in the Army I played a lot of golf, even played in the 80s for a few years.  In my youth I loved hitting 2, 3, 4 and 5 irons and hit them fairly well for a duffer.  Later in life I flattened out my swing and seem to hit my fairway woods better than my irons since I was sweeping the ball.  Thought came to me,"why not replace my...
I appreciate the various views presented here and the respectful manner in which they were given.  I don't think that an exchange such as ours will change any person's point of view.  We are not talking about a political persuasion.  I respect other views concerning God and His SOVEREIGNTY.  I really can't answer the question as to how people are born with certain predilection.  Of course I believe what I have stated and would die for my beliefs. I guess I would plead...
"God in the final days judges all of us .  We have all sinned and come short of the glory of God and it is that simple."....I didn't want this to become a theological debate but it appears that one opinion prompts an analysis and a subsequent challenge.  I am sorry for any perceptional judgmental views on my part.  I can only present my views in support of the so called "chick fil a" issue.  I think different people can agree to disagree on most things.  My comments are...
I simply support the Christian view of the family and same sex relationship.  All of of are God children and neither I nor does He in the bible preach hate against Homosexuals.  Anyone who says the bible hates or teaches Christians to hate anyone does not understand the bible and probably not read the entire book.  Many like to use the Leviticus scripture  but the teaching against same sex is in the old and new testament (if one cares)  Many have not the slightest...