or Connect

Posts by luggage

When Hogan stated on page 39 that we should start at address with both knees pointed in; does that mean close together or what? You certainly can't point both knees toward each other.  Can someone explain?
All good input and I appreciate it.  One of my biggest questions is, can an instructor teach and evaluate your swing by only watching you hit 10 to 12 ft. into a net inside?  Don't get me wrong I have immense respect for my instructor and he is a great golfer (I have watch him play), but looking at the various instructors on golf channel and books Hogan and Jack, they all seem to have a little different approach.  So the questions remains, is it reasonable that an...
I am getting back into the game following a medical layoff.  I have taken 5 lessons from the club pro; all inside hitting golf balls into a net.  No way to get feedback on how the shot went (hook, slice, shank, pull, push).  So one day I'm on the range and he comes over and simply says "turn your shoulder" and like magic I starting hitting shots like I am unconscious, the best I have ever hit.  So good it almost scares me.  Then the next day I have a tournament and I'm...
Sorry change that to I currently have an Adams 3 wood and looking at TaylorMade Senior flex
I currently own a TaylorMade recently purchase new Adams Speedline F11, steel, draw. I could change the shaft on the Adams to senior or purchase a  2014 Jetspeed Fairway Wood for about 80.00. Kind of a toss up from a dollar point of view.  We do not have a golf store where we live (closest one is about 100 miles) Any thoughts off the top of your heads.
I am changing from a reg shaft to senior shaft on my Driver and 3 fairway wood.  I am 72 years old with back issues.  My swing speed is a dismal 65-70 mph. In purchasing a new 3 wood with senior shaft would you suggest 15 or 17 degree loft (distance is my big concern)
As some of my post previously indicates, I am 72 years old and had back surgery few years back which really slows down my swing speed.  My teaching pro tells me that my swing speed with my 3 wood and Driver has slowed to about 65 mph.  I am going to try to increase that since that is really slow. He suggested I switch my reg. shafts in my Adams 3 wood and my Taylor made burner draw to senior shafts. It makes sense to me.  He says the cost of changing out the shaft...
I am a Marshal at golf course and in the winter (40 degrees) we have more golfers than one might expect that play in these conditions. I have seen a lot of information about golf cart heater that are used with a plastic cover enclosed golf cart.  Has any one had any personal experience with a particular brand or model.  I purchased one through Amazon that is extremely hard to start but once it is lit does a great job.  I was wondering if anyone had personal experience with...
Following back surgery a few years back I thought that I would never be able to play again.  I would go in my back yard and could not bend enough to hit a wedge or short or medium irons.  A club pro suggested I switch out all of my irons to woods. I've really never had a problem hitting fairway woods so I said what the heck.  I have the following clubs: Driver 200yrds, 3wood 160yrds, 5wood ??,7wood maybe 130yrds, 9wood110yrds, 11 wood??, 13 wood ??, 15wood ??,17wood...
I am 71 yrs. old and thought I would never be able to play again.  I had a laminectomy a few years ago and thought I would never be able to swing a club again.  Someone suggested switching out my irons (which I haven't been able to hit for some time) for high angle fairway woods.  I have 3,5,7,9,13,15,17,19 (19 is the wedge)  I am learning to hit them fairly well and keeps me playing because the shaft is longer and I can sweep the ball and not have to hit so much down and...