or Connect

Posts by luggage

I'll try to be brief. I'm 71 and used to play 2-3 x week. Following a laminectomy (L4/L5) and recommended physical therapy, given ok  to try to hit some balls while taking it easy. Began hitting easy pw/9iron. Proved a disaster. several months later Doc said now I have problems with L6 and S1.  Recommended fusion or pain management.  I went with pain management.  Low dose of Tramadol each day keeps me active.  Again tried to hit some ball with wedge.  Really hurt for days...
JML:yuck back surgery how old are you guys?......Longevity offers rewards and challenges.  Just pray you get the opportunity.
Good feedback and I'll try to apply when I get back out on the course.  I really think that I on scoring well (which is important) but failed to realize that as a weekend golfer (when I was playing) I need to relax and enjoy the experience for what it is rather holding myself to a standard that was a little unrealistic.  
I sincerely apologize for being so sensitive regarding the input to my memory question.  But it has always plagued me since I was in my 30's and 40's.  I always wrote it off to obsessing on my total score.  I realize this is not a healthy way to approach the game and I just need to figure out a way to not let the focusing on my score interfere with my shot making.  I have enough challenges to make a good swing without adding anything.  This is why when I was playing,...
I have not talked to my doctor about this but perhaps I should.  I ask what is apparently an absurd issue like this if I thought it was an insignificant matter.  I don't know if I have been so concerned about not scoring badly that I block out the reality of the moment.  But clearly I should not have asked a question concerning what appears to be a subject considered so ridiculous.  
I am probably one of the few that will admit that sometimes I forget how many strokes I have made.  I think for a long time when I was playing regularly with friends we wouldn't keep score and just focus on making good swings.  Or maybe that is just an excuse.  But honestly sometimes I forget how many times I have hit that darn ball.  I know there are gadgets/clickers that can help but I may forget to click the clicker. Ha Ha.  Seriously it can be awkward when playing...
Thanks for the input. I have another question.  Somewhere along the way I picked up a Nicket 3DX Iron wood 2/17 degrees.  I think I probably bought it when I first read about hybrids.  What is the difference between this club and say a 17 degree Adams wood?  Additionally, given the ambiguity associated with the term "average golfer", about how far should this club hit the ball, assuming a good swing?  
I am 69 yrs old, retired from Army and recovering from back surgery.  Can't do anything abut the 69 (I never apologize for living longer) while in the Army I played a lot of golf, even played in the 80s for a few years.  In my youth I loved hitting 2, 3, 4 and 5 irons and hit them fairly well for a duffer.  Later in life I flattened out my swing and seem to hit my fairway woods better than my irons since I was sweeping the ball.  Thought came to me,"why not replace my...
I appreciate the various views presented here and the respectful manner in which they were given.  I don't think that an exchange such as ours will change any person's point of view.  We are not talking about a political persuasion.  I respect other views concerning God and His SOVEREIGNTY.  I really can't answer the question as to how people are born with certain predilection.  Of course I believe what I have stated and would die for my beliefs. I guess I would plead...
"God in the final days judges all of us .  We have all sinned and come short of the glory of God and it is that simple."....I didn't want this to become a theological debate but it appears that one opinion prompts an analysis and a subsequent challenge.  I am sorry for any perceptional judgmental views on my part.  I can only present my views in support of the so called "chick fil a" issue.  I think different people can agree to disagree on most things.  My comments are...