or Connect

Posts by Bobtrumpet

I wouldn't use Comet, Ajax, or any other abrasive cleaner on chromed irons or highly polished finishes, unless you want the bright shiny finish to wind up as a satin finish. Also not good for painted surfaces. Bar Keepers Friend or Bon-Ami have a very low abrasive content so they should be ok. I'd also stick with nylon bristles instead of brass, even for the hard gunk. Just let the head soak in warm water with dish soap (I use Dawn) for a longer period to loosen up the...
Congratulations!
Always shook hands (I've only worn a hat 2-3 times when playing) in Jr. High and High School, casual rounds and High School matches. I still do it today in my company league, and causal rounds with friends or strangers. I've never run into someone who was surprised by the gesture, either.
Not many steel shaft options available (TT DG and some Apollo shafts). I don't know of any manufacturer who makes or made a 0.350 steel shaft for woods. You could use a shim, but I don't know if your BB driver is one of the BBs with no hosel and a thru-bore (like the one I have); that might not allow for using a shim.   There' s a fairly long thread over at a large golf forum (I don't know if I can mention the site here) about using steel shafts in modern driver heads....
(Actually on Monday . . . )   Shot my best ever 18 hole round - 86. 44 on the front 42 on the back. Lots of pars, no birdies dropped, too many doubles and a triple (with an OB). Course was Pecan Hollow Golf Course in Plano, TX ("Player's" tees at 68.9/118). I haven't really played since the end of August (and not well then), so I was very pleased.
Bought a used set of Maxfli Revolution black dot irons, in very nice shape, for $130.
Physical height means virtually nothing when it comes to club fitting - wrist to floor measurement (left wrist for a RH golfer, and vice versa) means more, but only as a starting point. FWIW, here are Tom Wishon's starting guidelines for WTF measurement versus driver and 5 iron lengths.   Wrist to Floor     Driver Length     5-iron Length          27" to 29"          42"                    36 1/2" 29+" to 32"        42 1/2                37 32+" to 34"        43       ...
Best wishes on a speedy recovery!   I find much the same thing with tempo and timing.
THE GORILLAAAAAAAA!   (Hear it in your mind with Mark Crossfield's accent)   I need to get around to watching "Gorilla James'" videos; been watching Crossfield for several months now. Mark takes it well when James outdrives him by 30-50 yards.
If you live near a PGA Tour Superstore and are willing to pony up the $99 or so for a Players Club Plus membership (mine has more than paid for itself just from using the Performance Practice bays during the winter, and free labor on club repairs/regripping), they have a demo program to borrow clubs for a 3 day period. They don't let out full sets, just a club or two. Here's the blurb from the web site:   "Demos: All Players Club Plus (PCP) members only are entitled to...