or Connect

Posts by Lihu

Not strange, unethical.
 Actually, I have two threads out there asking how to get to your handicap.  Here are some of my stats as a 15.1 handicap (you should be much better than this):Club, carry distance, average roll (estimate based upon ball marks), percentage of GIR from approach60, 80, 2, >50%52, 100, 2.5, >~30%PW (48), 125, 3, 30%9i (44) , 135, 3.5, 20%8i (40),  145, 4, 15%7i (36),  155, 5, 10%Rolls are completely estimates below this point.6i (32),  165, 7.5, don't use much (last round was...
 Don't worry, I'll bring a few sleeves of the "Snake Eyes" $8/dozen balls with me
 The British system does not track any of the non-competitive rounds, so a golfer could shoot worse during a competition to keep his handicap high.If he was a true 4 or 5 there would be a much higher chance of me shooting higher than my handicap than he would be of shooting 3 strokes higher than his. That day, I shot lower than my handicap by a fraction, so the conditions were not bad. Also, he drove every shot to fairway or near fairway with a carry of 240 yards with a...
The main issue with all the handicap systems is that the posters can avoid posting good rounds. I was watching someone warm up this last weekend for the 5-10 handicap flight at the local club I am thinking of joining. This dude hit some solid drives out there. He hit "random" shots left and right. I watched his keys (to the best of my ability), 0 head movement, full weight shift, elbows close together, impact looked pretty in line, and he setup the club face at the...
I'm guessing you lost a few Nassau to one or more of these golfers? Playing them is really tough. Sometimes they play bad the first few holes too.
My first thought was that all the pro golfers are young, so I was kind of wondering what he meant.Are there any charismatic ones?
 This is a good reason we go to Dick's.  Is a commentary on older perceptions of youth? There are plenty of charismatic younger people, they just don't play golf. The only young popular person who plays that I know of is Justin Timberlake.    I think if golf courses are filled with more types of people, it would indicate that more types of people are welcome. Where I play, I meet all kinds of people on the "Open to Public" courses. The private courses are pretty...
 Right, we got a bit off topic. Thanks for reeling us back in. The question is not whether the golfing business is down enough to justify eradicating these positions. Their decision was purely to reduce the cost of selling goods even if it is not beneficial to their customers. If you don't believe me, just wait until you try to ask questions regarding the equipment from someone making barely above minimum wage and probably doesn't know a lot about golf and possibly never...
 It's a really fine line, but if it were easy, would you find it a worthwhile challenge?  Bogey golf is not just "OK" golf. It still takes some skill to get the ball into the hole in that one extra stroke.