or Connect

Posts by Lihu

I've been playing rounds while consciously swinging with less "speed" and effort this seems to work them without straining them too much. Icy hot helps.Hope your back gets well soon.Btw, thanks guys and it's healing.The main thing is I know why I backed off 3 months ago from getting weight shift into my swing when I did something similar. I'm planning on strengthening these muscles before being too aggressive with my swing. Plus, my non-aggressive swing seems to get me...
Did you already try it by choking up on the grip?
The trailer was cool, but I have no idea what its about based upon the content.I needed to google it.
 In my morning rounds, I have seen many a golfer hit woods/hybrids onto greens all the time and make a few of their 20-30 foot par and the rare birdie putts. It is pretty amazing to watch. The OP already stated that he is making near GIR and not making GIR, so he seems to know what to fix. I think he simply wants to know how to be hitting greens again. The answers will be interesting to me as well. . .
 I have no putting game whatsoever, at 33-36 putts, and because of my approximately 1.5 keys (5SK) I can get around on the course pretty well. I miss left and right of the pin with less than 1/4 of my shots coming up short. Unless, it's to lay up. Maybe 10% miss by going too far. This all just started happening in the last 3 months or so, but I had inklings of it as of 6 months ago. Don't sell the long game short.
Really good information @iacas, @mvmac and @saevel25.   So, I suppose the static loft is really irrelevant because of the hosel generally being in lead deflection. Makes sense. This just means that club fitting is way more important than I thought.
  If a 12-14 gets about 4 GIR per 18 hole round at 6700 yards with some par and the rest are lucky pars/bogey and a couple doubles, he will end up shooting to a 13 handicap. That's a lot of forgiveness. 14 handicap lets him screw up by >8 more strokes than a 6 handicap. So, a slump at the OP's level is slightly unusual. I'm guessing he's normally a 12 and now a couple strokes higher, based upon his current GIR performance or lack thereof? I can see a 6 handicap getting...
  6i.
Brookside Course 1 (6700 yards) Back 9: 43 (practice round because of sore shoulder)   Getting back my swing, finger injury is mostly healed. Just have a little shoulder strain leftover from an aggressive Sunday evening range session. Swinging with what feels like 60%, but probably close to my maximum. Need to control this tempo, because it seems to really work well for me. Sans injury, I will need to re-establish it. It's nice to be able to recover from bad tee shots...
 Yeah, me too! Oops. . .