or Connect

Posts by Lihu

You don't know that you'll wake up like a car wreck. I don't think any of us has reached our full potential unless you have 5 keys in your on course swing. . .
It would be interesting. I would guess applewood. Let me know what you come up with.
 You don't know this. Getting consistent impact will increase your distances as well. I drive anywhere from 210 to 270 on a decently swung drive but all over the face. If you are hitting 1.5 inches away from the sweet spot you could easily be losing a lot of distance. The bottom edge of the driver or the heel, but still full contact with the face gets me the 210 figures. If I hit dead the center of the face and get the "whipping" right at impact, then I can get closer to...
 This kind of happens naturally at most of the places I play. The slower players get tired of getting hit into, and play the twilight times or super twilight. It's cheaper for beginners too. I've seen 6+ hour rounds at super twilight.  Los Serranos tried to keep the more experienced players ahead of the slower ones. I went on a B-day round there, and they grilled me on my skill level and put me with one of the regular golfers for the day. Ironically, he slowed down my...
 Yeah, but one year might still be a little extreme. So, I met a couple senior golfers who used one of these modified drivers. They did hit them pretty far, but the distances they got were 220 yards instead of 180 or something like that. It looks so fragile to me, I almost don't want to touch it. It's pretty obvious because the rounded fillet around the face is sharp. I think the sweet spot is for 85mph SS or less.
 To drive 320 yards you would give up hot cocoa? That seems a bit extreme if you ask me.   I think you gain more than 15 yards (like 20 to 40), but your club will not last that long. If your SS is anything over 85mph, the club face will be compromised at some point. I've heard some reviews that say the club faces break. https://www.worldshottestdrivers.com/shop/driver-shaving/ Reviewer with 85 mph swing...
Fighting at a golf course just makes everyone really uncomfortable.   I was playing one hole where two people were really verbally going at it. They were really loud. I had no idea the human voice could convey so much volume. People about 100 yards over the island green were wondering what was happening. Even people over that hill and the barranca which is 200 yards away were also looking over. I was only 50 yards from the incident.
 A dude who keeps arguing with people who are trying to help him. He has lots of potential, because he could hit the ball a long way, and had a lot less swing flaws than you currently do.  I'm middle aged and I just learned this last year to hit my 37 degree blade iron (a 1965 loft 7i) almost that far. I can hit at least 10 balls in a row almost that far and within 20 yards side to side and 5 yards distance variation. Just did it this morning. I only had one off center by...
   And people wonder why golf is losing its appeal. . .   Side note: I would probably never wear denim clothes, but prefer to retain my privilege to do so especially if I have to pay 45,000 to join.
 This is generally true, but I guess the running joke is about. . .(see below)   Oh yeah, I had no idea who you were talking about. @Golfingdad is relatively tall at something like 6'3" or 6'4", but he's big. I'm about average height and weight for my age (5'10.5", 195) but two of me can stand behind Drew shoulder to shoulder and people would have no idea we were there.