or Connect

Posts by Golfer6760

At a nine hole golf course with starting times @ 7:30am on a typical Saturday. How many foursomes should be scheduled to play in the first shift so the 1st group off shouldn't have to wait to tee off at the turn?   I've normally seen 14 foursomes with a 9 min interval between foursomes. I played at a club last week that had 19 foursomes signed up in the first shift. Foursomes 16-19 playing their front nine were slotted in alternately with foursomes 1-4 making the turn...
I recently played in our annual 4-Ball Match Play Tournament run by our committee at our local club. I noticed when the updated Ghin scores were posted on 7/1 the rounds I played were not under Tournament Scores. I asked the local Pro and he said this club only recognizes Metal Play events as Tournament Scores.   I debated the fact that the 3 Major Tournaments at our club should be recognized as Tournament scores as have in the past years. I was told the Committee...
Thanks  I knew he was a cheat with a big mouth.
I played a match over the weekend with a person who smoked the longest cigar I ever seen. On every Tee box he would drop the Cigar to the ground and move it with his club using it as an alignment stick. Is this legal??? I brought it to his attention and he spouted off a four letter word to me.
Years ago I had a bad slice that would show up at the worse times and result in a big number on that hole. I finally bit the bullet and decided to take lessons from one of the Pro's at my club. It was the best thing I ever did.   Larry (Pro) untwisted me and got my stance square & grip back (not weak) where it belonged. He showed me on video how my clubface was wide open in my backswing and how I held the face open through out my swing.   Oh!!! the other thing was, I...
I just received a Taylormade R7 460 Driver with a "B" stamp. Would someone explain to me what the "B" means? What's the difference in club construction from a regular retail club?
My #1 obligation is to my best friend. The league season is split in two halves and we both decided to leave the league after the 1st half is completed. Shame on the league administration & committee, not us. As far as leaving the club entirely I will need to think long and hard about that. Being a 27 year member I cannot convince myself that leaving all my golfing buddies is the right decision. Because we have a political Pro and bad committee shouldn't be the deciding...
I drafted a letter of resignation last night effective the end of the season. I resigned from the League as of immediately. I will hand deliver the letter to the club on Monday.   It's sad I was given no choice but to resign the club I enjoyed playing at due to the people (Pro & Committees) who are supposed to stand by the rules of golf.   Nothing was solved & my resignation will not start a wave of resignations. They (Pro & Committee) will continue to disregard the...
Well!!!!!!!!!!!   I was just notified by the Chair of the Committee that the match in question will stand as changed. At the meeting the Pro pleaded his case to the committee against the USGA ruling and the committee agreed with the Pro. I was told "Right or Wrong" the decision of the committee is final. The committee & Pro also agreed that all other matches that were changed after the fact prior to this one incident shall be returned to "As Played" status.   This was...
Thanks Fourputt I've belonged to this private club for 27 years and I have a lot of friends there. My decision is to finish out the League's season which ends on August 19th. The League is once a week for 9 holes of 2 man per team match play. The format is win/lose & points. I would walk away today, but this is the only time my 72 year old partner plays golf weekly. He looks forward to getting out on Tuesday for 9 holes then having dinner at the club. I couldn't walk away...