or Connect

Posts by Golfer6760

I just picked up a couple of RAC TP Satin Wedges in very nice condition.   Question:  Looking at the face of the club head in the top left corner there's a small "Z" stamped there. What does the "Z" stand for? I've noticed via searching there's the same wedges with "Y" stamped in the same location.   Does anybody have any information about these wedges? The TM website doesn't explain what the letters are.   Thank You :-)
The fact wasn't the $20 or to get posters to argue. And, it has nothing to do with belonging to a CC or who has money or not. I don't mind paying for the assistants anti fee. I assume he's not rolling in the dough as an assistant pro on a local 9 hole course tucked in a suburbia neighborhood. The same as tipping bag persons when they are getting paid by the hour also.   The issue is it seems expected. The same as tipping a waitress. That is truly your option based on a...
Don't get me wrong. He was a pleasure to play with and a pure gentleman through out the round. It was the game organizer who invited him in to the game so, he was an invited guest from the more I learn about the situation. Wasn't the kids fault. The organizer should have informed me before the round about the protocol. At the time I assumed they couldn't get a 4th for the group so the assistant filled the open slot.   He never uttered a word about my swing during the...
I get the impression some members feel it's a privilege to play with a decent player. I'm wasn't impressed . I was waiting for some members to remind me to kiss his ring  IMO he's just an employee of the private club I belong to. "Go get my bag son"   I did learn one thing. The next time I'll say "I'm Out" for the game and play with others.
Hello Everyone   During the summer months I play at a local 9 hole 6K yard course. On weekends a group of approx. 24 guys get together and play a quota match. We get paired up and play the field. The quota entry fee is $20 where 50% of the purse goes to the individual winners & the other 50% go to the best team.   Last weekend I was paired up with our Assistant Pro at the club who is seeking his PGA membership and hopes to become a full member by the end of the season....
At a nine hole golf course with starting times @ 7:30am on a typical Saturday. How many foursomes should be scheduled to play in the first shift so the 1st group off shouldn't have to wait to tee off at the turn?   I've normally seen 14 foursomes with a 9 min interval between foursomes. I played at a club last week that had 19 foursomes signed up in the first shift. Foursomes 16-19 playing their front nine were slotted in alternately with foursomes 1-4 making the turn...
I recently played in our annual 4-Ball Match Play Tournament run by our committee at our local club. I noticed when the updated Ghin scores were posted on 7/1 the rounds I played were not under Tournament Scores. I asked the local Pro and he said this club only recognizes Metal Play events as Tournament Scores.   I debated the fact that the 3 Major Tournaments at our club should be recognized as Tournament scores as have in the past years. I was told the Committee...
Thanks  I knew he was a cheat with a big mouth.
I played a match over the weekend with a person who smoked the longest cigar I ever seen. On every Tee box he would drop the Cigar to the ground and move it with his club using it as an alignment stick. Is this legal??? I brought it to his attention and he spouted off a four letter word to me.
Years ago I had a bad slice that would show up at the worse times and result in a big number on that hole. I finally bit the bullet and decided to take lessons from one of the Pro's at my club. It was the best thing I ever did.   Larry (Pro) untwisted me and got my stance square & grip back (not weak) where it belonged. He showed me on video how my clubface was wide open in my backswing and how I held the face open through out my swing.   Oh!!! the other thing was, I...